Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inland Denmark - any suggestions?

mrcheesbrough

mrcheesbrough

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
The shorter days and gradually sinking temperatures have got me pondering an alternative to France for our 2019 summer getaway. We've only got a couple of weeks in early August so the plan at the moment consists of spending around 5/6 nights near Copenhagen. It looks an amazing city so this is something we really want to do. As this will give us access to water for when we don't feel like lapping up the culture of the city I'm interested in any suggestions for somewhere interesting to spend our time inland for the second part of our escape - again around 5/6 nights. We don't mind overnighting once between Point A and Point B. A landscape that offers stunning scenery, walking/hiking and cycling/MTB perhaps while based in one place? I know there are a lot of interesting places we could visit if we were touring, but we're not so somewhere that would leave us wanting to go back again and again to discover more in the future would do the trick.
TIA
Mr C.

A the meet in Denmark last month everyone loved the country and theire friendly people ...
Guess @Kmann can give some tips...

Hiking and mountain biking are out in Denmark, it's as flat as a pancake. I do frequent it often though and love it.

There are so many places arround the coast of Denmark on the island where Copenhagen is located.
For MTB i recommend Tisvildeleje.
Make sure to visit the museum Louisiana near Helsingor.
Be sure to drive ”strandveien” from Copenhagen to Helsingor where you will find Louisina.
Mons Klint is another great place to visit, mtb, walking etc etc. Endless possibilities. The visitdenmark site is great.

End August start September there will be another meet I Denmark.

And don't listen to @larrylamb :) Denmark is full of MTB trails for all skill levels. Around Copenhagen alone, there are several very popular routes. As former president for the biggest MTB club in DK, I should know – since I have been engaged in many of them. (@larrylamb come by and I will be happy to show you).

There are so many nice places in Denmark, so it really depends what you look for. And how far you want to drive. Like @kave recommends Visit Denmark is a great place to start discovering. Please feel free to ask me for details on certain areas if you need more information.

Driving around Denmark is often very stunning if you chose the "Margurite Ruter". It is country site roads running thru particular beautiful areas.

Sweden is also very nice and picturesque - we are in love with the island area north of Gothenburg where we love to bring the SUP boards.

https://www.visitdenmark.co.uk/en-g...mark-exciting-city-breaks-and-stunning-nature

Hellow
We went to Denmark in 2014 and enjoyed Copenhagen very much. Also Møns Klint (good walk) and... Egeskov Casle: loved that place. Aarhus, Skagen, Grenen, Odense, Roskilde... and Legoland: all top places.
Drove over the impressive Storebæltsbrug. We had a great time in Denmark ... but sorry, I don't know much about cycling/mtb over there :)
Greetings
Calibusje

Hey folks. Thanks for your suggestions so far. Unfortunately for this year it looks like we'll be spending our summer enjoying the scenery of Scotland and Wales having delivered our daughters to their respective Duke of Edinburgh residential's. Denmark is still very much on the cards though but most likely in the future.