Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Insulated Internal Windscreen Cover

W

Wojtek Boden

VIP Member
Can anyone advise on a manufacturer/supplier of top quality insulated internal windscreen/side window covers.
My first option was an external insulated cover. I contacted Taylormade, but they say their covers will not fit my Cali as I have wind deflectors fitted on the doors and they no longer manufacture insulated internal covers.
Many thanks,
Wojtek

Hi Wotjek,

I use the Brandrup Isolite screens. The side screens fix by small Velcro pads that are not visible when the doors are closed. The front screen is meant to be held at the top but a thin velcro strip but I have not used this as is stays put without this. I keep them on the roof bed when not in use. They seem to keep the temperature down in summer and provide a good blackout but I have not tried them in winter yet. They can be ordered from SMG Cowfold and you can get the VIP discount there as well.

FF

Wojtek Boden said:
I contacted Taylormade, but they say their covers will not fit my Cali as I have wind deflectors fitted on the doors

'Tis a little odd... mine fit fine with wind deflectors. Don't see what real difference they make given the cover goes over the door top.

But I guess they are the experts...

I agree with mark they do fit with window deflecta's fitted
I am looking at two cali's now with tahlormade screens
Also comfortz new screen covwr fits

Thanks for all your replies. I'll have a look at Comfotz screen covers as an alternative to Taylormade covers.
Wojtek

Wojtek Boden said:
Can anyone advise on a manufacturer/supplier of top quality insulated internal windscreen/side window covers.
My first option was an external insulated cover. I contacted Taylormade, but they say their covers will not fit my Cali as I have wind deflectors fitted on the doors and they no longer manufacture insulated internal covers.
Many thanks,
Wojtek

Try siverscreens external cover, had one for 6 years and fits over window deflectors

+1 for the silverscreen external cover. Great quality, nice people to deal with.

We worked out a few days ago that we've now done 220 ish nights in the van and no paint damage, it is as clean as the day we purchased it and you don't really need to dry it when you move on as it comes in a waterproof bag!

+1 silver screen, had ours since day one, works excellent in both hot weather for reflecting the sun aswell as keeping the van warm in the winter.

Nick at comfortz makes an excellent silver screen cover :thumb