Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

insulated roof inner

L

Lizzyj

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
hi there, dont know where I am posting !! Really excited about tall trees tomorrow and want to share this with you. Have spent the day making an insulated inner topper for my cali. As it might be cold up there!! I have bought 2 rolls of insulating metal foil bubble wrap for sheds and green houses etc and 2 rolls of same tape plus some sticky pad hooks to hitch it onto roof. I have measured the cosi topper I have for outside as a guide and cut out 4 pieces, fitted into van need a bit of trimming and then decided to bind all sides with same tape to protect it. Haven't tried sleeping yet or hooking up but it sticks up on inside of van in between the mechanism and roof fabric. haven't joined all bits together as they stay put and overlap about 5cm so will see what happens tomorrow. Will take roll of tape hooks and scissors to finish off but so far it looks like it will work for £36 result. will take picture tomorrow. best wishes Jane

Look forward to seeing that! :thumb

I love people's DIY solutions. Nice 1

hi there, dont know where I am posting !! Really excited about tall trees tomorrow and want to share this with you. Have spent the day making an insulated inner topper for my cali. As it might be cold up there!! I have bought 2 rolls of insulating metal foil bubble wrap for sheds and green houses etc and 2 rolls of same tape plus some sticky pad hooks to hitch it onto roof. I have measured the cosi topper I have for outside as a guide and cut out 4 pieces, fitted into van need a bit of trimming and then decided to bind all sides with same tape to protect it. Haven't tried sleeping yet or hooking up but it sticks up on inside of van in between the mechanism and roof fabric. haven't joined all bits together as they stay put and overlap about 5cm so will see what happens tomorrow. Will take roll of tape hooks and scissors to finish off but so far it looks like it will work for £36 result. will take picture tomorrow. best wishes Jane

How did your DIY solution work, good or bad? @Lizzyj

I used similar insulation and made a wrap around for the pop up, the lower ends overlap and stick together with heavy duty Velcro. It works well for us so far and was cheap to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will upload a pic later when I’m home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How wide did you buy the roll, My Cali is not delivered yet, but had the exact same idea. I can see the foil comes in 1 meter or 1,2 meters.

Back