Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Insurance for young drivers

A

AndyandSue

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I'm looking to share the driving with my 18 year old son for long trips etc. Does anyone know of an insurance company that allows temporary insurance for an 18 year old to drive a California Beach (2019)?
Thanks

I'm looking to share the driving with my 18 year old son for long trips etc. Does anyone know of an insurance company that allows temporary insurance for an 18 year old to drive a California Beach (2019)?
Thanks
Probably easier to just add him to your own policy as a named driver for the period of the trip.

(He can then still have his own policy for his own car, so will continue to earn NCB on his vehicle.)

Probably easier to just add him to your own policy as a named driver for the period of the trip.

(He can then still have his own policy for his own car, so will continue to earn NCB on his vehicle.)
Thanks
Unfortunately he needs to be over 30 with LV.

Sadly you'll probably struggle with the temporary insurers like Veygo too as they have a maximum vehicle value well below what you need.

We tried to add our children to our Ocean policy.

We could not find any insurance company prepared to offer cover to under 25 year olds. Then the insurance policy more than doubled.

For the few occasions we would have liked cover, the costs were just too prohibitive.

We tried to add our children to our Ocean policy.

We could not find any insurance company prepared to offer cover to under 25 year olds. Then the insurance policy more than doubled.

For the few occasions we would have liked cover, the costs were just too prohibitive.
Did you manage to find anyone to insure your son, I’m in a similar situation trying to insure my 23 yr old son for this weekend?

Did you manage to find anyone to insure your son, I’m in a similar situation trying to insure my 23 yr old son for this weekend?
Unfortunately not. The lower 25 age limit was maintained across all the insurers we tried. Some used a higher age limit too.

We insured our 24 Yr old daughter for Calli via Adrian Flux.