Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Insurance

Euge

Euge

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
hi all

I'm picking up a new beach next week and had a look through the VIP section regarding insurance. Comfort seem to crop up a lot but I've seen mention of a 36 or 48 hour rule.
Can't seem to find anything explaining what that is, could anyone here throw some light on it as if it rules me out I'd rather know now and save a wasted call.

Thanks

Our insurance is with Comfort. I believe it's if the vehicle is to be left unoccupied for longer than 48 hours, away from your home address, then you need to inform them... Not sure if that then means you have to pay extra or anything, I don't know...

Thanks sad, that wouldn't be an issuefor me so I'll give them a call.
Apologies mods, in my haste to post I completely missed the insurance section !

Reactions: Sad
I spoke to comfort last week, they couldn't insure me (issues with Beach + business + higher mileage...) but before that bombshell, I did clarify the 48hr rules, and it was very much unattended, so park at a hotel for three days, if you are staying there, and pop down each day, no problem, but park it and go away for two days you have to tell them...

I spoke to comfort last week, they couldn't insure me (issues with Beach + business + higher mileage...) but before that bombshell, I did clarify the 48hr rules, and it was very much unattended, so park at a hotel for three days, if you are staying there, and pop down each day, no problem, but park it and go away for two days you have to tell them...
Thanks Stoney, the only scenario I can see where that would happen is if I were to leave the Cali at an airport car park before taking a flight somewhere. I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks Stoney, the only scenario I can see where that would happen is if I were to leave the Cali at an airport car park before taking a flight somewhere. I'll keep that in mind.

I’m insured with comfort and called them about leaving it at Liverpool airport parking.
I was told by them that that was fine because it was a ‘private’ car park.
I think the clause is for if you leave it in a street for a few days and no one you know is keeping an eye on it.

The other scenario which I am suffering is where after an incident they cant find a body repair shop to do the work, because its a camper van!!! - its been in a car park for coming on 48 hours now with no tow! - trying not to feel bitter!