E

Edsmith

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Any clues?
Worth having?

Cheers

Ed

must have i believe - adds internal lighting for extra convenience / reading in bed etc - not sure why its not standard

must have i believe - adds internal lighting for extra convenience / reading in bed etc - not sure why its not standard
Yeah for the option price it's worth it, pretty much impossible to retro fit anything like it without tearing your van apart.
As to why it's not standard? Silly really. Parking sensors, MFSW, privacy glass should all be standard too.

A lot of those accessories were on the last of the T5.1 variants . VW's way of disguising the price rise with the new T6 variants.

I popped into SMG VW at Tonbridge yesterday and whilst there I had a good look around the T6 Ocean and Beach. I was shown the "interior light concept" in operation. It appears to be extra lights in the tail gate and in the pop top. When you press the switch they come on and there is also a dimmer function. I assume that if you don't specify this option you just get the standard interior lights that were in the T5 SE and Beach. Unless I have missed something £240 for this seems a bit steep.

I popped into SMG VW at Tonbridge yesterday and whilst there I had a good look around the T6 Ocean and Beach. I was shown the "interior light concept" in operation. It appears to be extra lights in the tail gate and in the pop top. When you press the switch they come on and there is also a dimmer function. I assume that if you don't specify this option you just get the standard interior lights that were in the T5 SE and Beach. Unless I have missed something £240 for this seems a bit steep.
What lights does the SE have in the pop top?
Is it just the flex light in the 12v socket?
I think the three roof lights plus boot lights are value for money.
It transforms the roof space.

I am sure that they are an improvement especially if you read in bed or have small children that play and sleep up there. But for £240 I would want a glitter ball and dancing girls as well. :bananadance

I am sure that they are an improvement especially if you read in bed or have small children that play and sleep up there. But for £240 I would want a glitter ball and dancing girls as well. :bananadance
Haha. You're a hard man to please Borris!
I think it's not any more ridiculously expensive than any other option that VW offer.
£972 for upgrade to 17inch wheels when you can buy them elsewhere for £650? That's ridiculous.

I would pay the money to have 2 lights downstairs to read by. I have the side without the light and it P****s me off in a fancy vehicle. After 20hrs of marriage, one can't just change sides, although himself has offerred. If you like to read in bed before sleep, i would buy the lights!

Easy to fit additional lights as there is power from 2nd leisure battery easily available. I use a battery LED light with magnetic base and a steel disc stuck on bottom of overhead locker. Use for reading in bed and as emergency torch. Always know where it is.

For those of you with the light concept option, can you read when lying in the downstairs bed using the concept lights in the rear tail gate or do your pillows get in the way? They seem to be quite low down to me.

Haha. You're a hard man to please Borris!
I think it's not any more ridiculously expensive than any other option that VW offer.
£972 for upgrade to 17inch wheels when you can buy them elsewhere for £650? That's ridiculous.
I agree, upon reflection you are probably right. Most if not all of their options are too expensive.
The T6 doesn't look that much more expensive than the equivalent T5 until you study the options list. Many of the standard features on the old model have become costly options on the T6 e.g cruise control. Nothing new here as manufacturers have done this for years. The new model is launched stripped of many of the usual standard goodies and this gives them the scope to improve the standard spec in succesive seasons thereby attracting more new customers. It also helps to disguise the real price hike. Give it a couple of years and things like cruise will either be standard again or lumped in with some special value package. Compare like for like and the price difference is considerable.
Whilst at the show rooms, the dealer told me that he had recently specced up an Ocean with nothing too outrageous and the total cost came to well over £66K!
I know they are great vehicles but one has to wonder?

:thumb Some options are now standard on the T6 SE
Climatronic 3 zone
Interior light concept
Bluetooth
DAB

For those of you with the light concept option, can you read when lying in the downstairs bed using the concept lights in the rear tail gate or do your pillows get in the way? They seem to be quite low down to me.
Havent slept in it but I would think the pillows/your feet would block them. They're mainly for the tailgate when its open though. There are still the wall lights for the bed.

I have used them for reading in the lower bed configuration, they worked fine, as they do for roof bed and work well for light when back is up for loading etc,

I have it. it is good in my beach. not sure I would have requested it new though. reading use a bendy light in the 12v socket or even better a head torch led they cost nothing these days

Can you get this put into the cali? Or does it have to come like that? Thanks

Back