Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Interior light in overhead locker

S

scamp

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi. For years now the interior light in the overhead locker has been quite temperamental. However, it now appears to have stopped working completely. We recently installed some solar panels and are wondering if we may have accidentally affected the wiring to the leisure battery in some way. Anyone got any experience of this issue? Thanks.

Hi. For years now the interior light in the overhead locker has been quite temperamental. However, it now appears to have stopped working completely. We recently installed some solar panels and are wondering if we may have accidentally affected the wiring to the leisure battery in some way. Anyone got any experience of this issue? Thanks.
If you have a multimeter test the voltage across the light, should be 12v. If no volts, when light is switched on, look at your fuses. There might be one that just does the locker - although I doubt it. WelshGas or Loz might know. If that does not work then I suspect you will need to follow the wiring back to find the fault.

Hi Wildcamper. My husband and I finally got around to doing what you suggested. However we discovered that the interior light is actually an Osram LEDBUG, which uses 3 AAA batteries and therefore it isn’t wired up to an electrical circuit! The batteries are still working but there is a problem with the connection. Anyway, we have fiddled with it and at the moment there is light when the locker is opened. The previous owner must have stuck it in there. Unfortunately, Osram don’t appear to make these lights anymore. Thanks for your suggestion anyway.

Hi Wildcamper. My husband and I finally got around to doing what you suggested. However we discovered that the interior light is actually an Osram LEDBUG, which uses 3 AAA batteries and therefore it isn’t wired up to an electrical circuit! The batteries are still working but there is a problem with the connection. Anyway, we have fiddled with it and at the moment there is light when the locker is opened. The previous owner must have stuck it in there. Unfortunately, Osram don’t appear to make these lights anymore. Thanks for your suggestion anyway.
These might be a good alternative, small, bright and motion-sensor activated.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07BHNQ9M5/?tag=eliteelect-21

Back