Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Interior lights not working

F

Fatb10ke

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I’m guessing a fuse has blown but which one?

Out 2010 Cali’s interior LED lights have stopped working, probably as a result of the storms.

I’m unable to download any of the fuse diagrams from the forum on my phone, it tells me they aren’t available to download.

Could someone point me in the direction of the right fuse, I have a bank under the passenger seat and two banks in the central console.

I’m reluctant to just start pulling fuses as I don’t have the radio code with us.

Thanks for any help,

Nic.

New fuse fitted but still no interior lights.

I had two 10A fuses under the passenger seat, one had blown and I have replaced it. No joy and its not blown again.

Anyone got any other ideas before I have to take it to a VW garage and pay through the nose?

New fuse fitted but still no interior lights.

I had two 10A fuses under the passenger seat, one had blown and I have replaced it. No joy and its not blown again.

Anyone got any other ideas before I have to take it to a VW garage and pay through the nose?

Maybe post this in the T5 technical section. They might have an answer for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone got any ideas? We’re still without interior lights.

There two 10amp fuses which feed all the camping interior lights. These are under the passenger seat. As you have found a blown one and still you have no light, I would guess there is another fuse in line, or the bulbs may have gone faulty, although why all have gone is a puzzle.

The lights either side of the sliding door, the kitchen and over the bed at the rear are all LED. The centre kitchen light is a fluorescent on your van.

Attached is a pdf of the wiring for your van which is the same as mine. Page 12 shows the lights and the fuses. I hope that helps.

Alan

Attachments

• T5 Camper wiring 2009 onwards.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 183
So I finally found the issue and indeed it was a fuse issue, we’ll sort of. I bought some new ones and one of them slid in so easily. Upon investigation it appears after I took it out to replace it, I put the replacement back in the wrong place, into a slot not used.

Now it’s back in the correct slot the lights are working fine.

So part amazing thunderstorm, part idiot driver problems. We’re back up and running. Happy.

That is good to hear. Pushing the fuse into an adjacent slot is very easy to do, particularly in dim light while groveling under the seat.

Alan

So I finally found the issue and indeed it was a fuse issue, we’ll sort of. I bought some new ones and one of them slid in so easily. Upon investigation it appears after I took it out to replace it, I put the replacement back in the wrong place, into a slot not used.

Now it’s back in the correct slot the lights are working fine.

So part amazing thunderstorm, part idiot driver problems. We’re back up and running. Happy.
A long shot - but do you happen to have a photo or remember exactly which fuse this was and where it should go?

I think exactly the same thing has happened to me - but despite moving the 10A fuses to adjacent slots still cant solve it

A long shot - but do you happen to have a photo or remember exactly which fuse this was and where it should go?

I think exactly the same thing has happened to me - but despite moving the 10A fuses to adjacent slots still cant solve it
Using a Multimeter you can check the fuse but also which fuse connections are live.

thank you @WelshGas! thats really useful to know.. so if a slot is not used for anything, then it shouldn't even have any current going to it?

thank you @WelshGas! thats really useful to know.. so if a slot is not used for anything, then it shouldn't even have any current going to it?
Correct. They only wire up what’s required.
You can always to the VW Erwin site and using your VIN number download the pdf file giving you the actual fuse location for your vehicle.

thank you again! - i hadnt heard of that website before. sounds an incredibly useful resource

Correct. They only wire up what’s required.
You can always to the VW Erwin site and using your VIN number download the pdf file giving you the actual fuse location for your vehicle.

Followed this suggestion, @WelshGas, thank you: after an auto electrician recently was fitting my dash cam and I was unable to find any fuse diagrams for my MY23 Ocean in either of the two handbooks.

Registered on the erWin site, they wanted 7$ for one hour access and I could not really see where to go, is this the right site and any tips to get to the fuse diagrams?

1708953042090.png

Followed this suggestion, @WelshGas, thank you: after an auto electrician recently was fitting my dash cam and I was unable to find any fuse diagrams for my MY23 Ocean in either of the two handbooks.

Registered on the erWin site, they wanted 7$ for one hour access and I could not really see where to go, is this the right site and any tips to get to the fuse diagrams?

View attachment 119780
I’ve not gone further myself as I have no need to, so far, but I presume the L hand column, purchase a flat rate for 1 hr and download the model specific workshop manual in pdf format. May need-VIN number or select Transporter and year.

I’ve not gone further myself as I have no need to, so far, but I presume the L hand column, purchase a flat rate for 1 hr and download the model specific workshop manual in pdf format. May need-VIN number or select Transporter and year.
Thank you @WelshGas, I will try and report back in case others want similar.

Back