Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Interior lights not working

Trav88

Trav88

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi, I've got a T5 california LHD, and have a problem with the lights. The large light and the other two lights on either side above the gas hobs work fine. The problem is with the other two little lights above the sliding door. I've checked fuses but can't find one that's blown? Anyone know which fuse is the culprit? Thanks!

Sorry, I don know where the fuse is, but have you checked that the bulbs are ok. If they are halogen bulbs, both could have gone if they are original.

Hi, thanks for the reply, I've checked the LEDs and they are fine? Its very strange as I've located the fuse under the drivers seat and its fine. So basically one side works and the other side doesn't?

Does anyone know if the 10amp fuse under the drivers seat is for all 5 interior lights?

Thanks!

I had a fault with the roof light which blew the fuse. Can confirm all internal lights are fed from the one 10 amp fuse.

I also had this problem on my Cali Highroof 2006 but this is now fixed since yesterday with the help of an electrician friend. The two lights over the sliding doors as well as the third light in the same row (in the back of the car) were dead due to a really bad connection at the point where the wiring turns from 1 to 3. The connection is found under the plastic coverage just above the place where the upper part of the seat belt is. Maybe this will help you - otherwise; ask for more.

Hi, I've got a T5 california LHD, and have a problem with the lights. The large light and the other two lights on either side above the gas hobs work fine. The problem is with the other two little lights above the sliding door. I've checked fuses but can't find one that's blown? Anyone know which fuse is the culprit? Thanks!
Same problem for me 2006 Cali. solution first check fuse 10 amp under passenger seat a pain in itself if ok look at the plug under the Drivers seat that supplies the power to the right hand side interior lights ( above slideing door) etc in my case the supply was dead positve only! my solution rather tear the vehicle to pieces, take a supply + via an inline fuse to the supply for the lights socket problem solved!
P.S. THIS IS another example of Total Rubbish design from V.W. THE fuse bank under the passenger seat It IS NOT POSSIBLE to remove the fuses without removeing the complete bank as you cannot gain access to them VW Rubbish, also The fuses have a capture device as they are mounted vertical thus you cannot remove them with the standered fuse removal tool!

Back