Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Intermittent buzz from bull head ?

Wayno

Wayno

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Ok bizarre intermittent noise behind dash ...... just done a 1000 mile round trip to Belgium in the bus and I have had a vibration happen 4 times. Sounds like a loud buzz like when you have you phone on silent on a glass table and it gets a txt !! Random I k ow but the only way I can describe it. Comes from bulk hard possible passenger side? 2012 180 dsg Cali.
No noticeable issues at all with the bus.
Anyone experienced anything similar ?
TIA.

Sounds like vvvvvvvvvvvvvddd !!??

Is it when you switch the engine off? Could be the moo valve (n75 valve is the real name I think?). I was advised it can be fixed if I want but it isn't doing any harm so no need to bother if I don't mind living with it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

C
Ok bizarre intermittent noise behind dash ...... just done a 1000 mile round trip to Belgium in the bus and I have had a vibration happen 4 times. Sounds like a loud buzz like when you have you phone on silent on a glass table and it gets a txt !! Random I k ow but the only way I can describe it. Comes from bulk hard possible passenger side? 2012 180 dsg Cali.
No noticeable issues at all with the bus.
Anyone experienced anything similar ?
TIA.

Sounds like vvvvvvvvvvvvvddd !!??
Could be the N75 (aka, the Moo valve) Lots of threads cover this subject. As you drive a 180bhp van there will be 2 of them.

Agree sounds like the N75 (moo valve) there was an issue with 2012 and pre 2012 180's. SMG found no issues with it but continued to drive us mad. so took to Breeze Southampton. Although no issue on computer plug in they changed it as a modified value had be issued from VW following that no further issue/sounds.

Is it when you switch the engine off? Could be the moo valve (n75 valve is the real name I think?). I was advised it can be fixed if I want but it isn't doing any harm so no need to bother if I don't mind living with it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Doesn't happen on switching the engine off only happened whilst the engine is running, however seemed to happen once we'd started after a pit stop. So say after 5mins of restarts

Doesn't happen on switching the engine off only happened whilst the engine is running, however seemed to happen once we'd started after a pit stop. So say after 5mins of restarts
I wonder if it is one or the servo flaps on the ventilation system? try running with the heating off? operating the air direction controls?

That's how mine started, nothing on shut down at first. When it occurred whilst driving I found that slightly lifting off the throttle stopped the moo.

Back