Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Internal rail stops

Thelovewalrus

Thelovewalrus

I
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Whilst trying to fit my wife’s bike into the rear of the Cali ocean. I need the seat to move forward about 2 inches before it stops. Is there away to move the stops in the rails forward a tadge?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The stops are in the rail close to the kitchen unit in a ocean. Removed mine front and back so i can slide the bench all the way forward up against the front seats, or all the way back almost at the tail gate (without the "parcel" shelf and headrests tilted down to clear the overhead locker) for maximum space inside.

Bit more detail on how to do this for both front and rear stops would be much appreciated. Am I right in saying there is only one stop in only one of the rails (near or off side?)) both front and back (in total one front and one back). Given the advantages of being able to move the bench seat all the way back (once rear metal mattress support has been removed) and as far forward as possible behind front seats, apart from being used to exactly position the bench seat when making the downstairs bed, what is the point of the stops and what would the advantages/disadvantages of permanently removing them out altogether?

what would the advantages/disadvantages of permanently removing them out altogether?
You can slide the bench seat all the way back or all the way forward.
The tricky thing is lining up where to stop when you make the bed,
its a bit of guess work in the beginning but you can get it off to a T.

Both stops, front and back are on the left rail, i.e. the rail next to the kitchen cabinet. You have to locate them by looking through the two rubber covers on the rail, using a finger to pull the rubber protection to the sides and allow you to peek through. Once located them, with a screw driver undo the screw just enough to be able to move the stop back or forward. You will need the screwdriver also to help you push the stop back or forward. Theoretically you could remove them altogether , I just left mine lying in there, inside the rail. The advantage, is by moving the seat all the way to the front I gain a huge additional cargo space on the back. On my last long trip I removed the portapotti from under the sink as I wanted the space just to be for groceries and kitchen stuff, into the boot right behind the bench. When , during the journey, my daughter (or me) needs the portapotti, I just slide the bench all the way forward, and I can just climb inside behind the bench into the boot, get the portapotti and do what I have to do. I can access the items in the boot very easily without opening the tail gate, and the cabinet next to the fridge.
When on site with some of the stuff unloaded from the boot, I slide the bench all the way to the back, or at least with the backrest well clear of the rolling door of the cabinet next to the fridge so that I can have comfortable access to it, and lots of space inside as in a living room.

You can slide the bench seat all the way back or all the way forward.
The tricky thing is lining up where to stop when you make the bed,
its a bit of guess work in the beginning but you can get it off to a T.
Just put on a mark on the rail and slide the bench to the mark.

Thank you very much for you detailed information, much appreciated

Not sure this is really necessary. Although I never use the downstair bed, I can just pull the bench forward, recline the backrest to the flat position and then move the bench with the flattened back rest backwards until they meet the „parcel shelf“ mattress... Done!

Nah..
For 1. i don't want a mark on my rail.
2. i like livin on the edge man :)
3. i can land it right about 6/10 but its a good challenge.

Undo the screw so it twists anticlockwise, with a thin screwdriver push it to the front i.e. the front seat end. With a wide blade or ideally plastic trim tool work your way around under the plastic end cap at the end of the track until it lifts off. You can now remover the 10p part (tapered bed stop). It frees up the whole of the front end and makes it more versatile.

Not sure this is really necessary. Although I never use the downstair bed, I can just pull the bench forward, recline the backrest to the flat position and then move the bench with the flattened back rest backwards until they meet the „parcel shelf“ mattress... Done!
I’ve learnt from experience and the £114 cost that you can damage the plastic cover on the back of the seat doing that where it hits or catches under the rear shelf!

@Thelovewalrus here’s a pic of the part you need to remove: the head of the screw faces up. AA1FD858-9098-4959-A215-3E43FEE81849.jpeg

You can also easily remove the covers and have a good view of what you do.
20190821_094331.jpg

This is great information thanks for all the informative responses much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back