Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Internet Problems

RosscoPCole74

RosscoPCole74

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
In our new Cali Ocean put in our WiFi dongle to watch movies etc, on long journeys. But when my wife sits in the back her phone continues to be connected to the Cali WiFi for Apple Car Play and not the separate WiFi dongle.
Any ideas?

In our new Cali Ocean put in our WiFi dongle to watch movies etc, on long journeys. But when my wife sits in the back her phone continues to be connected to the Cali WiFi for Apple Car Play and not the separate WiFi dongle.
Any ideas?
I use USB only connection to CarPlay, to get round issues like that. Not sure if that is what you would want though. Can't help if you want to retain WiFi access to CarPlay, but have noted it is problematic for some, but not for others perhaps more tech savvy.

I use USB only connection to CarPlay, to get round issues like that. Not sure if that is what you would want though. Can't help if you want to retain WiFi access to CarPlay, but have noted it is problematic for some, but not for others perhaps more tech savvy.
I thought I was tech savvy. Obviously not! Even had a word with the dealer. They had no idea and were going to contact VW in Germany about it. Still clueless.

I thought I was tech savvy. Obviously not! Even had a word with the dealer. They had no idea and were going to contact VW in Germany about it. Still clueless.
I have seen other posts on this subject, though you will have to search for them, unless someone else comes up with something helpful.

I have seen other posts on this subject, though you will have to search for them, unless someone else comes up with something helpful.
Can’t you connect your phone instead of hers as a simple fix?

Any ideas?
That’s just how wifi works. Once connected to a wifi your phone wont move to another one unless you tell it. Your wife just needs to select the other wifi. Or am I over simplifying it?

I also found the cali wifi/bluetooth a pain, so alway just connect with the cable. Just delete the BT connections and only use the cable.