Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inverter adaptor plug

I have one, works fine. The shape is more round than trapezoid but works fine.

I guess you need to be careful with what you use the 3 pin socket for as there is no earth continuity.

Has anyone tried changing the socket and wiring in a surface mounted three pin (like the other one), accepting the 150w limit….

Has anyone tried changing the socket and wiring in a surface mounted three pin (like the other one), accepting the 150w limit….
If you are referring to the Inverter socket, it is all one unit, socket and inverter.

If you are thinking of doing that , as WelshGas says its all one unit, you would be better off fitting the inverter from a T6.1 - its fitted by the handbrake on the drivers seat, takes both 2 and 3 pin plugs & is rated at 300w

If you are referring to the Inverter socket, it is all one unit, socket and inverter.
Ok thanks for the info, I didn’t realise that. I just don’t like my current arrangement of a series of adapters which make it useful, if liable to moving around and going off! Maybe cheaper to find a single adapter that fits snugly into the inverter with a 3 pin socket.

If you are thinking of doing that , as WelshGas says its all one unit, you would be better off fitting the inverter from a T6.1 - its fitted by the handbrake on the drivers seat, takes both 2 and 3 pin plugs & is rated at 300w
Thanks, that sounds like a good suggestion, but I imagine a bit pricey!

Ok thanks for the info, I didn’t realise that. I just don’t like my current arrangement of a series of adapters which make it useful, if liable to moving around and going off! Maybe cheaper to find a single adapter that fits snugly into the inverter with a 3 pin socket.
Like this.
Sold in club shop and Dunelm among many.

Note multi country pins to plug into and accepts UK 3 pin and various foreign plugs & USB too

9907DB29-D44A-47B0-83F6-58E149B7E49F.jpeg

36CC6806-836B-49D7-BA88-FE86D18C3C6B.jpeg

33BD4C1F-BFB8-454C-BFF4-6C847751786E.jpeg

1A13C335-8492-4279-BECE-D6E6B76CA79D.jpeg

Last edited: