Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

iPad Pro with big screen

CaliforniaBen

CaliforniaBen

VIP Member
Looking at buying one of the new iPad Pro's with the big 12.9" screen to use in the Cali, they are quite pricey but we were looking to upgrade our old iPad anyway, has anyone got one? Pro's.. Con's?

I don't have one but my brother in law does. I had a play with it and I think it would make a great screen to view dowloaded movies, iPlayer programs on etc in the Cali, it would certainly keep the kids happy and me too. I don't particularly like using it for web browsing and usual internet things much prefer the iPad mini for that. We try to minimise tech in the Cali but sometimes it has it's place.

It will not fit in my technological firmament .....

I have an I-Pad mini which I cart around with me when out, an I Pad Air which I use an the Cali and a Macbook Air 13" which I always take with me. The MacBook stores all my video's, films and BBC ! Player downloads and I use that for entertainment. The i-Pad Air is my handbag-sized super lightweight music system, reading system and playing-games-in-the-pub-whilst-pretending-to-be-terribly-academic system.

I went for 9.7 in a brodit holder, the 12.9 was just a bit big. Currently in the Touareg supported by a RAM mount, but will be transferring to the Cali.
The only downside is the battery life/charge rate, if you run it all day with the screen brightness up you have a nett drain on battery use whilst plugged in to a 2.5 amp charger so I fitted a permanently fed USB socket.

I use it for TomTom and motionX whilst on the move and everything else when not..
IMG_2558.jpg

Back