Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ireland - Galway to Belfast (+ Wicklow Mountains)

DM

DM

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I've been quiet for a while but this year's summer trip beckons. We're heading to Ireland at the end of the month for 2 and a half weeks. We have booked ferries out to Dublin and back from Belfast. The plan is to spend a couple of days in the Wicklow Mountains, then head straight over to Galway and then come around the coast all the way back to Belfast.

Has anyone done anything similar in early June? What are the camping options? Is wild camping an option or do we need to stick to campsites? If the latter then is booking necessary?

What about the Wicklow mountains? We will be there the weekend at the end of May / beginning of June. The first campsite I contacted is full. Any recommendations for anywhere small but bookable so we know what we are doing the first couple of nights?

Thanks
DM

Hoping to do something similar at the end of July to mid August.

Ferry Fishguard to Rosslare.
MacGillycuddy’s Reeks
Wild Atlantic Way
Ferry Belfast to Cairnryan
Galloway Hills

Hoping to do something similar at the end of July to mid August.

Ferry Fishguard to Rosslare.
MacGillycuddy’s Reeks
Wild Atlantic Way
Ferry Belfast to Cairnryan
Galloway Hills
Doolin is a MUST as is Isle of Inisheer by Ferry from Doolin. Gus O'Connors, best pub in Ireland is a bonus.

I'm very interested in following this too - I've traveled a fair in both North & South (mostly by motorbike) but have never been to the Wicklow mountains.

:thumb

I've been quiet for a while but this year's summer trip beckons. We're heading to Ireland at the end of the month for 2 and a half weeks. We have booked ferries out to Dublin and back from Belfast. The plan is to spend a couple of days in the Wicklow Mountains, then head straight over to Galway and then come around the coast all the way back to Belfast.

Has anyone done anything similar in early June? What are the camping options? Is wild camping an option or do we need to stick to campsites? If the latter then is booking necessary?

What about the Wicklow mountains? We will be there the weekend at the end of May / beginning of June. The first campsite I contacted is full. Any recommendations for anywhere small but bookable so we know what we are doing the first couple of nights?

Thanks
DM
Will follow your trip with great interest Ireland is a definite destination for us next year