Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is it possible to listen to music from laptop through Cali speakers?

Mr & Mrs B

Mr & Mrs B

One Life, Live It
Vehicle
Cali now sold
We've downloaded a lot of our CDs onto our laptop but as the sound isn't brilliant we wondered if there was a way of connecting it to the Cali speakers? If so, can someone please tell us (in easy, non-techie speak) how to do it.

I've tried to see if this has been posted previously but can't see a thread. If it has already been discussed, please direct us to the thread.

Many thanks.

IMG_1006.JPG You can if you have an aux plug the little jack plug 3.5mm size or maybe e if you have a USB conection this might work

Does the new T6 not have a 3.5mm aux in? If so a double ended 3.5mm jack should work.

Is it possible to put it on a thumb drive and plug into the USB next to the gear stick?

Don’t forget doing it that way will require the Head Unit being ON, which means it will automatically switch OFF after 20 or so minutes.
Using a Plug in Speakers or a Bluetooth speaker that runs off 12v might be a better way to go.

Yes true, I use an envivo speaker /lamp and it’s great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We use the Head Unit at bedtime for 20 mins music when tucked up in bed.

Probably other options but get a UE Boom blue tooth speaker. Use it for all devices in the Cali. Phone, iPad and occasionally the laptop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks to everyone for the advice - I think we'll look at the cable connection for the first option and maybe get a speaker too.

Just an update - we bought a cable with two jack plugs, one fits into the laptop and one into Cali. A fabulous sound for our music. Yes, it does go off every 20 minutes but it means we only have to carry a small cable instead of an extra speaker. Perfect!

Just an update - we bought a cable with two jack plugs, one fits into the laptop and one into Cali. A fabulous sound for our music. Yes, it does go off every 20 minutes but it means we only have to carry a small cable instead of an extra speaker. Perfect!
Don’t forget the Stereo is powered by the Engine Battery. So unless you are on Mains Hookup you can flatten your engine battery in time.

Thanks @WelshGas. We're usually on a hook up but will bear this in mind.

Thanks @WelshGas. We're usually on a hook up but will bear this in mind.
Wesh Gas was pointing out that even if you are on a hook up the radio in the front works off engine battery and it makes no difference if on hook up only plugs and lights behind the front seats work of the hook up power.
Bluetooth speakers are the way to go for when at camp great sound too.

I might be wrong but I think that the leisure and engine batteries get charged when on hook up, at least I hope so!

I might be wrong but I think that the leisure and engine batteries get charged when on hook up, at least I hope so!
Oh that blows me out of the water, good news if that is correct I thought and was led to believe from the forum that if you use the radio even when on hook up it will flatten your battery.
Thank you for correcting me if that is the case,

Oh that blows me out of the water, good news if that is correct I thought and was led to believe from the forum that if you use the radio even when on hook up it will flatten your battery.
Thank you for correcting me if that is the case,
Maybe...but at least its good news!

Back