Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is my Parking Heater normal?

Nambola

Nambola

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Used my parking heater for the first time last night (Level 2). Made a terrible noise. Assuming this is not normal. I've used the heater on a hired T6 Ocean before and it didnt sound like this. It was recently into VW for a replacement glow plugs after excessive smoke when parking heater ran during engine warmup. Any advice appreciated.

Used my parking heater for the first time last night (Level 2). Made a terrible noise. Assuming this is not normal. I've used the heater on a hired T6 Ocean before and it didnt sound like this. It was recently into VW for a replacement glow plugs after excessive smoke when parking heater ran during engine warmup. Any advice appreciated.
The heater does make a noise.

I'd be tempted to have a look underneath as it is running to see and hear where the noise is coming from.

Not normal. Sounds as if the Fan is out of alignment.

The noise is coming from underneath drivers door. Fan alignment. Yes that was my thought also or the bearings of it. Thanks

The noise is coming from underneath drivers door. Fan alignment. Yes that was my thought also or the bearings of it. Thanks
Still under warranty? Even if not VW normally warrant parts/labour for 2 years so the fact they have changed the heater glow plug and this problem followed then they should fix.

Back