Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is something missing

Trudi

Trudi

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
I'm lying sunbathing on the grass next to the passenger side of the van and have noticed what appears to be a piece of the underside plastic missing? There's no scrapes, scratches or any sign of damage. Is it supposed to be like this?
2021 Coast

17185566460397839465782957912821.jpg

Try LLL parts website got a full exploded diagram & parts numbers , or local dealer who will be a cheap as any other , I recently paid £3 for a small under guard panel that was £15 on line !

Just had a quick look under mine. That is quite a large section. If I am looking at the correct part, it overlaps the pieces to the side, and stretches underneath too. I guess what I am trying to say, is that if this had happen to fall off, I am sure you'd have known about it. So I'm left wondering if the dealer removed it for some reason and didn't replace it. When was the last time it was in the dealership and did you have any additional work carried out in this area? Seems odd that it would fall off and as you say, no sign of damage from grounding or similar.

Bought from new.
Just had a quick look under mine. That is quite a large section. If I am looking at the correct part, it overlaps the pieces to the side, and stretches underneath too. I guess what I am trying to say, is that if this had happen to fall off, I am sure you'd have known about it. So I'm left wondering if the dealer removed it for some reason and didn't replace it. When was the last time it was in the dealership and did you have any additional work carried out in this area? Seems odd that it would fall off and as you say, no sign of damage from grounding or similar.
Bought from new. 1st mot due in 2 weeks. Not had any work done. I've just never laid on that side of the van and looked underneath. Wash it weekly but never looked that far under.

Bought from new.

Bought from new. 1st mot due in 2 weeks. Not had any work done. I've just never laid on that side of the van and looked underneath. Wash it weekly but never looked that far under.
It most probably then is what @Stu@rt mentions. It was never there. It is nearly impossible that such a large part falls off and that you do not notice. Stick with that line with the dealership and see what they say. It was never there and you want it fixed now. That is a fairly substantial part.

Back