Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is the '17" chassis' the new standard?

JotaBe

JotaBe

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Hey! I think I've read about this somewhere in the forum, but could anyone confirm whether or not the '17" chassis with 17" brakes' has become standard equipment, on a MY19 Ocean 150 DSG 4M? Could this spec be country specific? Is there a way to know the brake discs size without removing the wheels?
I'm due to collect my Cali as soon as I can solve a dispute with the dealer over the price, and still don't know what to expect about this spec.
Thanks!

if you look at the brake caliper through the wheel, the bigger brake set ups have a square pad on the caliper that stands out and is slightly a different colour to the rest of the caliper - like this...

if you look at the brake caliper through the wheel, the bigger brake set ups have a square pad on the caliper that stands out and is slightly a different colour to the rest of the caliper - like this...
Thanks! But difficult to look at through steel wheels, I guess...

From my simple understanding (and having specced the 17" chassis & brakes on our MY19 Beach), I thought all Ocean's came with the higher rated chassis with a GVW of 3080KG and therefore larger brakes. In effect using a T32 base instead of the T30 used as standard for the Beach..... I stand to be corrected if that's inaccurate

Hey! I think I've read about this somewhere in the forum, but could anyone confirm whether or not the '17" chassis with 17" brakes' has become standard equipment, on a MY19 Ocean 150 DSG 4M? Could this spec be country specific? Is there a way to know the brake discs size without removing the wheels?
I'm due to collect my Cali as soon as I can solve a dispute with the dealer over the price, and still don't know what to expect about this spec.
Thanks!
Here in the Belgian configurator I can't find a 150 4wd. Only the 198 4wd is to choose, and 198 hp = 17".

Beach does not come with larger brakes but you can specify no cost option when you order + the uprated weight as well.