Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is the annual insurance shuffle over?

Everyone will pay a higher price. Those that who have played the game of changing annually, will lose the opportunity to save money.

Everyone will pay a higher price. Those that who have played the game of changing annually, will lose the opportunity to save money.
This is what happened when they banned unauthorised overdraft charges. I used to get a free agreed overdraft, now I pay 40% APR on any money overdrawn for any period of time.

This is what happened when they banned unauthorised overdraft charges. I used to get a free agreed overdraft, now I pay 40% APR on any money overdrawn for any period of time.
I suppose it depends on personal circumstances but is it not the best policy to not have an overdraft? We have never had one, maybe just lucky.

I suppose it depends on personal circumstances but is it not the best policy to not have an overdraft? We have never had one, maybe just lucky.
I only use it very occasionally now. I used it more when it was free, just for convenience.

It’s just a free buffer you can have with or without an overdraft. All banks use to do it.

It’s just a free buffer you can have with or without an overdraft. All banks use to do it.
My agreed overdraft value is/ was £5k It’s not really a small buffer that I would find useful.

My agreed overdraft value is/ was £5k It’s not really a small buffer that I would find useful.
The extra buffer is on top of whatever you have normally £500 extra and free, some banks stopped it and some still offer it.

Comfort sent my Cali renewal a couple of weeks ago. The premium asked for was double from what I paid last year and I have been been with them for 5 years. Needless to say, I went elsewhere for less than I paid last year.

Hopefully the new regulations will remove this sort of stupidity and offer a more even premium year on year albeit perhaps a little higher.

Let's see what happens next year!!