Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is the California configurator broken?

I've noticed that when you spec the mystery dark grey/grey two-tone colour labelled 718 on the configurator it changes the style of the roof too. Intriguing!

I've also noticed there's another option for "Pop-top Roof" as well. Very intriguing!
On the UK configurator?

The only other change I can see is the re-addition of the 80L fuel tank.
The alarm option changes if you select two keys plus one rigid from "anti-theft alarm system with interior monitoring in cab, backup horn, and towing protection" to "electronic engine immobiliser".

I still can't see a "Summary" of my chosen options.

I selected two additional seats with integrated child seats, the internal view of my selected options showed the van without the additional seats, perhaps they have been removed and placed in a virtual garage.

Just checked, it is 90% working. And VW are now offering Alcantara as an option on the Beach...arrggh...need to get hold of my dealer to update my order....will it never end...

The two tone colour has been there a few weeks but I haven't heard of anyone ordering it. The only other change I can see is the re-addition of the 80L fuel tank. Not that I'm obsessive about the options list or anything!:rolleyes:
Which configurator are you looking at? Please advise address.

The alarm option changes if you select two keys plus one rigid from "anti-theft alarm system with interior monitoring in cab, backup horn, and towing protection" to "electronic engine immobiliser".

I still can't see a "Summary" of my chosen options.

I selected two additional seats with integrated child seats, the internal view of my selected options showed the van without the additional seats, perhaps they have been removed and placed in a virtual garage.
Are you looking at a cached version or the new one? I don't see what you describe.

The summary usually opens in a new window have you got this option enabled in your browser?

I have no idea - but it is a Beach I am configuring.

A blank new window opens.
It should not be blank obviously! My system seems to work OK as you can see.
upload_2017-1-4_23-15-18.png

It should not be blank obviously! My system seems to work OK as you can see.
Mine works OK with the yellow base model. Unfortunately there are some 5 quitillion or so possible permutations of the Beach, and I have insufficient time to test more than one or two.

Yellow base model plus two additional seats still leaves the additional seats in a virtual garage in "explore" mode, but the summary page works fine.

Was the configurator ever working? Use as guide only. Even the VW ordering configurator is imperfect. When we ordered our ocean, both configurator's quoted cascavelle wheels in silver as a free option but dealer was charged when the vehicle arrived. In fairness no charges were passed on to me and as far as I know the dealer swallowed it (so I think the dealerships are as frustrated with it as we all are).

On the UK configurator?

Yeah on the UK configurator...

Here's the curious Pop-up Roof option that I don't remember seeing before.

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-05%20at%2011.38.37.png

Yeah on the UK configurator...

Here's the curious Pop-up Roof option that I don't remember seeing before.

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-05%20at%2011.38.37.png
Good spot! I wonder if the N/A is not applicable or not available ;)

When I click on it, it tells me to pick another exterior colour to what I have selected. I then pick a different colour and it selects the 'Pop-up Roof' option and deselects the one above which is the standard, current Cali roof with windows etc. Very odd.

When I click on it, it tells me to pick another exterior colour to what I have selected. I then pick a different colour and it selects the 'Pop-up Roof' option and deselects the one above which is the standard, current Cali roof with windows etc. Very odd.
Agree, very odd! Damn databases and agencies employing minimum wage web coders!

It's been down for weeks..... What a joke..... Have to say, buying a VW "commercial vehicle" isn't the wonderful experience, it should be. :headbang

Given my string of awful experiences, I contacted Commercial Customer Service & after a few hiccups, which ended in me being very, very direct, my complaint was escalated & I am now talking to a lovely bloke.

I told him about the forum...

Given my string of awful experiences, I contacted Commercial Customer Service & after a few hiccups, which ended in me being very, very direct, my complaint was escalated & I am now talking to a lovely bloke.

I told him about the forum...
Please report further. I can't wait for VW's response.:thumb

i wonder if any of you can answer this question?

I've just been playing around on the vw configurator, and I've noticed on my finished ocean its seems to have a black floor and black b pillars. I've not selected the chrome package either.

Can anyone tell me have these changed Since I ordered mine back in September, as the one in the showroom had a grey floor. Mind you I would prefer black.

Looks like it to me, but I wouldn't guarantee that the configurator is accurate, there have been inaccuracies before.

And I agree wholly, I like the darker floor (we've gone with the Chrome, so the B-pillar isn't an issue) but I would want the body-coloured dash or light carpets if the floor is dark as it starts to look a little like an exec saloon.

Looks like it to me, but I wouldn't guarantee that the configurator is accurate, there have been inaccuracies before.

And I agree wholly, I like the darker floor (we've gone with the Chrome, so the B-pillar isn't an issue) but I would want the body-coloured dash or light carpets if the floor is dark as it starts to look a little like an exec saloon.
If it does come with black floor and black b pillars it will be a bonus as I was going to get the door pillars wrapped

Back