Is this a California record?

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
31 different countries and 1 British overseas territory visited within one year:
034279397077aedae93b2f16f84e13ec.jpg

England, France, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium, France, England, France, Spain, Portugal, Spain, Gibraltar, Spain, Andorra, France, Monaco, France, Italy, San Marino, Italy, (van barred from Vatican City), Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, Bulgaria (the ferry drifted over the border on the Danube), Romania, Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy, Switzerland, Lichenstein, Switzerland (by mistake), Lichtenstein, Austria, Slovakia, Poland and Czech Republic.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Imo. you should try to top that next year!

:thumb

I'm only 28 countries behind you! Watch out! :D

Amazing, very envious of your adventures!

Our plans for the coming 12 months include Wales and nothing else
Good, that'll give the rest of us a chance to catch up!;)

Well done anyway! :thumb

Our plans for the coming 12 months include Wales and nothing else. We have postponed our earlier idea of doing a ring around the Irish Sea.

12 months travelling thru Wales ? Are you planning doing it on your Bromptons :D

My Cali (and our Cali-dog Mieke ) been to 12 countries (Wales included as one ;)) in almost 6y

Last edited:
What a fantastic adventure. You and your family will have stories to tell for years.

What an adventure for you all.
Very inspirational.......:thumb

@Amarillo how would you ever part with your van?! All those stickers and so many memories. Incredible and as @EddieEagle says inspirational.

Wow brilliant. What an adventure. How did you find getting to/being in Hungary. I fancy it for next year as my daughter has a relative who came from there as a teenage refugee to America in the 50’s and would be nice to visit there.

Wow brilliant. What an adventure. How did you find getting to/being in Hungary. I fancy it for next year as my daughter has a relative who came from there as a teenage refugee to America in the 50’s and would be nice to visit there.
We barely stopped in Hungary. English is not widely spoken, German is taught in schools and TV is dubbed not subtitled. Someone tried to rip us off on the motorway by charging 27 Euros for a 10 Euro vignette. Chatted to a very nice man on a ferry over the Danube who amused us by describing himself as a "seaman" (Hungary is hundreds of miles from any sea).

Brittany Ferries goes from Roscoff to Cork if you wanted to make it 32 on the way home .... means we’d get another (bonus) chapter! Ahhh go arn go arn go arn....
Well done and thank you for letting us share the journey. I am loving it.

Can you tell me, where did you purchase your stickers, please?
I haven't been to many countries in the California but have travelled extensively and would like some in my 'man cave' (garage).

Great read and very inspirational thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For countries covered yes, I was away solo for 15 months and slept in the van every night. About 23 countries but far greater mileage than you covered. Plus I ventured over many parts of Turkey, and spent about 6 weeks in Tunisia just after the revolution.

I doff my cap to you being ‘4’ up as that must have been a challenge.

That is a really noteworthy record. Congratulations! And I bet you have set your children up for a lifetime of travelling.

For countries covered yes, I was away solo for 15 months and slept in the van every night. About 23 countries but far greater mileage than you covered. Plus I ventured over many parts of Turkey, and spent about 6 weeks in Tunisia just after the revolution.
Yes i remember reading your posts very interesting. Are you going to Hanover next year would be good to catch up again?

Back