Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is this normal? Up to nearly 2k on my accessories wish-list!

Zizzy

Zizzy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
A little dazed at the price of all things Cali and the extent of my desires. I want to keep it immaculate when I get it in my eager little mitts and have clearly spent too long lurking on this site so my list is as follows:
Mutze topper
Brandrup Second Skin Crete (Anthracite or Warm Grey - haven't decided) seat covers
Matching Brandrup Crete cushions
Pillow covers for above cushions
Brandrup waterproof rear mattress cover
Vango Kela
Velour Carpets
Taylormade windscreen cover
Collapsable Kettle

Plus there will be pots and pans and storage boxes etc.
Gulp!

Re: Is this normal? Up to nearly 2k on my accessories wish-l

Trust me …..it won't stop there!! :D

Keep on spending !

And then think of the fun you will have when you use it! :clap

Calm down Calm Down :)

All of those things are excellent, but you might not need them all.

Mutze topper - 50/50 if you actually need a topper unless you are winter camping, and if you decide you need one, then I recommend going to one of the meets to look at all of the options. We are currently topperless, but if we get one it will probably be one of the Comfortz light weight ones.

Brandrup Second Skin Crete (Anthracite or Warm Grey - haven't decided) seat covers - excellent, but you are paying the Brandrup tax :)

Matching Brandrup Crete cushions - we have just designed our own cushions and asked someone on ebay to make them up - I couldn't face paying 70 quid for a cushion!

Pillow covers for above cushions - I have no opinion on these.

Brandrup waterproof rear mattress cover - we use our mattresses without covers, but use sleeping bags.

Vango Kela - we will probably need one of these one day, but so far we all live in the van - 2 adults, 2 kids (12 and 10) and sometimes a Labrador and we all fit fine. We do have a really old 2 man tent to store rubbish in :)

Velour Carpets - just got the QTM ones and we are very happy, but we have lasted 8 months without.

Taylormade windscreen cover - we use the included VW internal ones and we are very happy with them

Collapsable Kettle - a must have - should be compulsory :)

So I guess what I am saying is don't rush into anything - all the things you have chose are excellent, but imagine paying all of that money and not using it

T

I'm in the same position. I think it will be very easy to pass the 2k mark. I agree the Collapsable kettle should be top of the list.

I have brandrup seat covers for sale in original packaging with instructions
Crete Anthracite :thumb

I have a collapsible kettle (should be standard), and standard VW seat covers on the back seat. A gas bottle, a loo (thetford 335), a mains hook up (10 metre, never yet had the need for anything longer). That's about it and been away for 18 days since the 11th Jan. The rest are odds and sods scavenged from the house.

I did buy bits and pieces to fill the water tank, those bits are now in the junk department of the garage. Empty 2l water bottles are just as easy and go in the bin when finished with and not carted around.

Oh, collapisible bucket (same colour as the collapsible kettle of course) and colour matched collapsible dog bowls wirth co-ordinated collapsible dogs.

Crockery/cookware -we had loads spare so use that.
Roof cover - Pucer, £150ish, brilliant.
Carpets - bought rear and middle ones then a separate front ones - found the rear one useless (catches the seat every time you slide it back) so binned it.
Kettle - normal camping one. It's fine. About a tenner.
Mattress topper - the standard "bed" is as comfortable as flicking acid in your eyes. We got the Zonesleep one and it's great.
Cooker - just a cheapo outdoor one with two rings and a grill. Uses the same 901 bottle as the van, £45, used many times a day on our 5 week Euro trip.
Little table for the kids - £8 off Ebay, little folding chairs for the kids £6 each at Homebase.
25 metre hook up cable - never needed more than 10m. Ripped off and paid £45!!!
Euro plug adaptor - essential and about a tenner.
Levelling Ramps - Thule, £40ish, brilliant.
Then some bedding (blanket for warm camping, sleeping bags for cold).

That's about it.

I think you can get a bit carried away, especially if it MUST be Brandrup!

Very useful list this...we are gradually getting sorted...had quite a few lovely days away thinking through what we really need. Two queries about items on your list...you are keen on the Pucer topper, yet most people seems to go with Comfortz? Also the zonesleep: do you have a sheet/cover for this, and if so presumably the corner straps are obscured- does it move about?

Personally I don't see the need to get seat covers. Use what is provided and then recover when necessary. The only people to benefit from covers are the buyers of your 2nd hand California, and they certainly will not pay for pristine original seat covers. Waterproof covers have a use, maybe! Just my six pennies worth. :p

Larkrise said:
Very useful list this...we are gradually getting sorted...had quite a few lovely days away thinking through what we really need. Two queries about items on your list...you are keen on the Pucer topper, yet most people seems to go with Comfortz? Also the zonesleep: do you have a sheet/cover for this, and if so presumably the corner straps are obscured- does it move about?

The Pucer is a roof cover that keeps the canvas bellows dry as well as insulating.
The Comfortz is a mattress topper; my preference is the Zonesleep; very compact, breathable and clever. A standard elastic corner cotton sheet fits best but it's not a perfect fit due to the corner that's "missing."

Comfort also do a roof topper.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Back