Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is this really the end of T6 petrol van?

M

marchugo

According to voices on the German sister board Caliboard.de, VW wil stop building petrol versions of the T6 somewhere this year. The reason that is cited, is that VW has to comply to new strict CO2 emission rules from 2020 onwards. The company is to be judged on the average CO2 emission of the entire VW fleet on the roads.
However, VW have not yet communicated about this, so it remains unclear if there is such a decision at all.

See this link:
https://www.caliboard.de/showthread.php?13893-T6-Diesel-oder-Benziner&p=208547&viewfull=1#post208547

It translates it into this:

Alberto123 said: Today I learned from VW that no T6 petrol can be ordered new. VW will stop production entirely because of the high CO2 emissions of gasoline vans So now only diesel? Waiting for T7 gas / hybrid ??? Madness what's going on there! From 2020 onward, there are more hurdles for car manufacturers with CO2 emissions for the entire fleets. Since probably VW now has to pull the emergency brake. But never thought that VW stops the production of petrol .....

-----------------------------------
Regards from Amsterdam,
Marc.

Ties in with the response we got from local authorities planners that high levels of CO2 were to be curtailed as a major cause of global warming. Seems that the days of happy motoring will be no more for the next generation. My thoughts - Use it now and get as much enjoyment out of your California as you can

Maybe this topic should be integrated with the current petrol one but as per the other topic anything soley internal combustion is numbered. I'm sure within ten (five??) years ALL new non-HGV will be hybrid only and then the future is purely electric with NFC charging as you go.

The weight of a California full of batteries to run it will be too much. Diesel will stay for a long time VW are just making sure they meet the targets. I bet you will be able to order and take delivery very soon.
In the meantime enjoy its generations away yet and your along time dead.
One life.

No diesels or petrols to order....RIP California T6 .....long live the T5 !

I'm sure this is just tongue in cheek mischief.... truth is, T5 and any other non EU6 vans are likely to be banned from populated areas a long time before current generation (EU6) vans are :(

The weight of a California full of batteries to run it will be too much. Diesel will stay for a long time VW are just making sure they meet the targets. I bet you will be able to order and take delivery very soon.
In the meantime enjoy its generations away yet and your along time dead.
One life.
Damn...
Why spoil some good scare mongering?
I wonder how many people go to bed at night counting down the life in their non energy saving light bulbs :D

Problem isn't with exhaust level but with a number of drivers.
Even reducing pollution like twice, which is kind of impossible anyway is useless when there will be x3 more drivers.

Horse drawn Gypsy caravans will surge in value then? Pollution from horses helps the roses grow!

Bit off-topic but as it is with many other socalled enviremental issues like , outfishing the sea , the lack of food and meat and everyone needs swap his lifestyle to veggie asap. , rainforest being cut down , lack of pure drinkingwater,....
It's the number of people on this planet thats to high , there's only one solution to these things and thats limited birth , to many mouths to feed and in time every person on the planet will contribute to the pollution and the wearing out of our planet no mather what ....cycling or riding a Cali , veggi or meatlover , islam or christian ,....the earth can not deal with the ammount of people living on it.

Bit off-topic but as it is with many other socalled enviremental issues like , outfishing the sea , the lack of food and meat and everyone needs swap his lifestyle to veggie asap. , rainforest being cut down , lack of pure drinkingwater,....
It's the number of people on this planet thats to high , there's only one solution to these things and thats limited birth , to many mouths to feed and in time every person on the planet will contribute to the pollution and the wearing out of our planet no mather what ....cycling or riding a Cali , veggi or meatlover , islam or christian ,....the earth can not deal with the ammount of people living on it.

Agree.
To many of us here.
Don’t worry, the super bugs will rid the earth of about 1-2 billion people in 15 years time once they have mutated to their next stage.

Petrol California’s are the biggest nonsense I’ve heard of so far. 2-3 tons requires diesel, end of story...

Let’s just go camping and forget about it.
The end is nigh

There is the chance the higher we rise and damage the environment the harder the fall will be, which might mean not optimistic 1-2 billions but close to extinction situation.

Arghhhh! Never mind all this petrol, diesel, end of the world is nigh bo%%ox.

What makes me mad is the shocking grammar on this forum.

Two, too, to?!

The TWO of us went TO the pub but it was TOO busy.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

:D

Horse drawn Gypsy caravans will surge in value then? Pollution from horses helps the roses grow!
Horses put out a log of greenhouse gasses too ;) you'll have a special catalytic converted fitted to their butts.

Horses put out a log of greenhouse gasses too ;) you'll have a special catalytic converted fitted to their butts.

Not to mention all those problems with the HFR* valve :shocked Would make the EGR look childs play:sad

*(horse fart recirculation)

Arghhhh! Never mind all this petrol, diesel, end of the world is nigh bo%%ox.

What makes me mad is the shocking grammar on this forum.

Two, too, to?!

The TWO of us went TO the pub but it was TOO busy.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

:D
I look forward to your entry into the Flemish grammar for Brits competition Max.

Hmmm. I’ve noticed people being referred to as “mate”, “chap” and “fella”
recently !!

Crucifixion is too good for the culprits!

Back