Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Iso Top MK IV Installation

N

Nicholas1987

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I am looking for a bit of help here, I just purchased a ISO Top MK IV from the everything cali store and started in the installation.

Once I started to hang the topper I realised i don't have any loops for the safety net to compete the installation. Strangely enough the van came with a net but no fittings? Do I now need to purchase the fitting from somewhere and screw them into the roof lining which I am not happy about?

It should be easy enough to make your own fittings. I'd make up two thick velco pads with suitable rings stitched to one edge. You could try wrapping the adhesive velcro around a square piece of plastic. A section of an old plastic container should do the trick, say 50mm by 50mm. Then carefully prize down the roof lining and stuff the velcro pads into the gap above so that they are trapped and hidden between the roof liner and the roof itself. Ensure that the pads are located correctly to line up with the tapes on the Isotop with the rings just dangling down into view.

Good luck.

Is there any drilling to be done to fit the latest ISO Top?
When I say latest I don't mean the one for the canvas that opens at the front, I just mean the latest one for what was the normal ocean before that.
Second question, do they look neat? I've seen some photo's that suggest otherwise.
Thanks.

No drilling involved with fitting any isotop the beach one requires 4 self tapping screws the ocean nothing at all

No drilling involved with fitting any isotop the beach one requires 4 self tapping screws the ocean nothing at all
Thanks Kev

I can confirm fro my install in a beach it was 6 self tappers, 2 per velcro tab at the front. Very easy install with the only part you can get wrong not being permanent (the rear tabs can be removed and replaced or just missed off).

I have started on the edit of the video but it is a few weeks off I'm afraid. If there are no self tappers on the powered roof version then it will be a piece of cake.

The instructions recommend temps above 18c for the glue on the fixing strips to be as strong as possible so now is the prime time to install them. They also recommend leaving the glue for 48 hours to cure.

I can confirm fro my install in a beach it was 6 self tappers, 2 per velcro tab at the front. Very easy install with the only part you can get wrong not being permanent (the rear tabs can be removed and replaced or just missed off).

I have started on the edit of the video but it is a few weeks off I'm afraid. If there are no self tappers on the powered roof version then it will be a piece of cake.

The instructions recommend temps above 18c for the glue on the fixing strips to be as strong as possible so now is the prime time to install them. They also recommend leaving the glue for 48 hours to cure.
Heater on if an Ocean to raise inside temp or a hot air gun/hairdrier will activate the Velco glue.

For the self tappers / Measure + mark the middle one and screw it it place. You can then hang the liner off this, next hold the liner up at the sides and you will see the velcro on the back of the liner. Mark the position of these with a pencil on the plastic roof liner (this is where your side pads will need to go) and then screw the 2 x side pads in. Then you can be sure that that they are in exactly the right spot.

If you don't get it exactly right, it won't matter as there is some tolerance.

For the self tappers / Measure + mark the middle one and screw it it place. You can then hang the liner off this, next hold the liner up at the sides and you will see the velcro on the back of the liner. Mark the position of these with a pencil on the plastic roof liner (this is where your side pads will need to go) and then screw the 2 x side pads in. Then you can be sure that that they are in exactly the right spot.

If you don't get it exactly right, it won't matter as there is some tolerance.
The instructions say to measure from the centre but I agree it’s better to put up the middle one and use the actual isotop to judge. That said I measured and it fits great but I wasn’t hugely confident.

Back