Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Isotop 4 install in a Cali Ocean

Silvabak

Silvabak

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi,
After a lot of deliberation, I finally took the plunge and parted with my cash for the above. And whilst I like the quality of Brandrup products, the instructons are odd at best. Having completed the gluing, I'm now at the stage of fitting the velcro tabs. Which is proving a little challenging... Does anyone have any tips on installing them in the front headlining, I'm also worried that I'll damage the headlining whilst inserting. I tried sandwiching one between a couple of credit cards to try and ease it into position then reomove the cards. Which didn't work as there just isn't enough room between the seam. Anyone got any bright ideas, or is it just a case brute force and commitment?

Thanks

I don't remember that part being difficult but I did take several deep breaths before screwing the self-tappers into the front part of the panel (I used double-sided tape to hold the tabs in place).

There have been several threads about it recently & I've cross-posted twice to a thread I found useful where @Borris showed pictures of his going in - sadly the people asking the questions don't then update on how it went ...

Generally in hindsight I felt I'd "over thunk" it due to cost of liner itself & value of van making me nervous, it's not that big of a job (when it's done!) & well worthwhile for me.

Wow that was quick. Thanks both for the speedy responses.
I did a bit of research and looked at both threads mentioned above before purchase. However, the isotop version I have (for the oceans electromechanical roof) dispenses with the self tappers in favour of jamming 5 Velcro tabs into the front headlining seam, which is a nice no screw idea, but as above isn't without challenges and jeopardy!

Hirsty, your point about overthunking is well observed, although still can't quite bring myself to get screwdrivers and players out just yet

Thanks

No worries - that's probably why it didn't ring a bell then!

Take a few pics & let us know how you get on. He who dares wins Rodders ...

I installed this version of the isotop and it was fairly straightforward. I checked where the tabs should go, against the Velcro positions on the liner and then pushed the tabs firmly into place. Liner fits well and has stayed in place no problem

Charles

Thanks Charles,
In the end I sandwiched the Velcro between a couple of old credit cards, which was very tight squeeze but afford a small amount of lateral movement to get the alignment right before removing each card one at a time. So all good now and I reckon if you needed to extract the Velcro tabs (although can't think why) you could use the same technique in reverse.

Cheers, Paul

Thanks Charles,
In the end I sandwiched the Velcro between a couple of old credit cards, which was very tight squeeze but afford a small amount of lateral movement to get the alignment right before removing each card one at a time. So all good now and I reckon if you needed to extract the Velcro tabs (although can't think why) you could use the same technique in reverse.

Cheers, Paul
Useful technique, though I hope I don't have to remove the Velcro tabs.

Charles

Back