Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Italian Lakes Summer 2016

• Thread starter cpjb@btinternet.com
  • Start date
cpjb@btinternet.com

cpjb@btinternet.com

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Well the ferry to Calais is now booked, and after a lot of deliberation I'm thinking of a 2 centre holiday after travelling down via Geneva - 5 nights in Marone on Lake Iseo, and thern 5 nights in Lugano - before heading back through the Black Forest en route home.

Iseo seems to give us the opportunity to also visit Venice (rail from Brescia), and Sirmione on Garda, and Bergamo as well.

Lugano gives us the opportunity to visit the eastern shore of Maggiore and Como too, and although in Switzerland, I gather has the Italian architecture and feel.

Not having ever been to the Lakes before I really would welcome any advice as to whether this is a reasonable itinerary or not for a first timer.

Thanks.

Following.

We've used Google maps to estimate where we will aim for on each driving day, keeping travelling time to no more than 5 hours driving to allow for plenty of stops as we have 3 young children in tow!

We've booked the ferry to Holland & driving through Germany on the way, planning 2 nights near heidelberg, europark camping so we can do the theme park before spending 3 nights near freiburg. Finally on to camping valle romantica on Lake maggiorre for a week. We will return via euro tunnel so will head home via lake annecy.

Thanks for the response Cleve. Sounds well thought through.

Have you spotted any good sites near Freiburg?

Nice site called Dana on the shore of lake Lugano on the Italian side. Stayed there last year and will be going back in May. As you say great area.