Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I've got the shower

estresao

estresao

Vehicle
T5 Beach 4Motion
Hi,

Just let you see my new toy to have showers inside my Cali.

[EDITED: removing other forums' member references and adding more details.]

The shower cabinet is made with DuPont™ Tyvek® and double sewn. The shower tray is made with PVC and welded by high frequency. Tray's surface is 70x70 cm. The shower cabinet is 1.8cm tall and have an structure on the top to be attached in different vehicle's points. It's designed to be used with the top roof closed.

It includes a storage bag is also made with DuPont™ Tyvek®.

The shower head is not included, but I've got one very cheap and useful from a very famous on-line store with includes a water pump which can be connected to the car lighter.

That option is good for when you need wash yourself and have no option to use a regular shower facilities, and the weather prevent you do it outdoors. I find it useful to be used with or without the shower head. Used without the cabinet prevent your Cali get wet when washing youself.

And that's the result, I had my first shower inside my Cali and the test was successful. Very happy with it.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

Last edited:
Where does it drain to ?

Where does it drain to ?
So far I'm using the shower pump to pump out, but I'll get one water tank for fresh water and another for grey water. People who have fat Calis get water from the tap and pump it to the sink

What I want to see is someone fit a Victorian roll-top bath with nice brass taps inside a Cali. Not that would be cool! Even better to bathe whilst being driven! Some one out there has gotta be up for that!

Should think it would drain thru a hose outside using a bucket , much easyer imo.

Maybe I misunderstood the question. The shower cabinet is made with a waterproof fabric and has a shower tray made with a more resistant waterproof material (PVC or something similar) in which you can accumulate a number of litters of water.

Because my Cali is a Beach (no water tanks at all), my idea is to get two water deposits, one for fresh and another for grey (I'll try to use flexible ones so that both always takes the same room up). The shower head have a 12v water pump and I'm planning to use another pump (or the same... let's see) to send the grey water to the correspondent tank.

Actually for my first test shower I has I've used a bucket with warm water inside the shower cabinet allowing the grey water get accumulated in the shower tray, and them I've drained out using the shower pump to the street.

One nice thing is that you can use the shower cabinet even with the roof closed, of course you cannot be stand up, but yet good enough to wash yourself

There is not perfect solution. The bucket outside approach could work in my country for me, but I won't have a shower outside in UK in winter. With the proper ventilation plus parking heater you can balance.

Usually showers "indoors" are quick, very quick... I think you cannot carry water enought in a Cali to have a proper shower as if you were at home. Looks like the average amount of water comsumed in a "home shower is 67 liters in 8 minutes. In a Cali you want to have a basic shower, so not too much time to produce lots of humidity (as long the water were boiling)

Maybe I misunderstood the question. The shower cabinet is made with a waterproof fabric and has a shower tray made with a more resistant waterproof material (PVC or something similar) in which you can accumulate a number of litters of water.

Because my Cali is a Beach (no water tanks at all), my idea is to get two water deposits, one for fresh and another for grey (I'll try to use flexible ones so that both always takes the same room up). The shower head have a 12v water pump and I'm planning to use another pump (or the same... let's see) to send the grey water to the correspondent tank.

Actually for my first test shower I has I've used a bucket with warm water inside the shower cabinet allowing the grey water get accumulated in the shower tray, and them I've drained out using the shower pump to the street.

One nice thing is that you can use the shower cabinet even with the roof closed, of course you cannot be stand up, but yet good enough to wash yourself
I have the very same 12v shower pump. i have a 10lt water container with a wider opening to allow the pump part to drop in - 10 ltrs is fine for two people - i have a pop up shower tent that fits under the rear door or the canopy. When i need warm water i heat it in front of the parking heater outlet overnight otherwise the ambient temp is fine. On the last trip we showered outside without the shower enclosure as in remote spots. No need to worry about the grey water just runs away.

Suppose you could use it as a wardrobe when not showering. I don't know where people put all this stuff in the van.

i
Suppose you could use it as a wardrobe when not showering. I don't know where people put all this stuff in the van.

In last picture you can see the whole set folded, it's not big, can be stored easily.

I admire your determination, I'll stick to a bowl of hot water and a flannel ;)

I use the shower block on site
or if wild camping go native and make do with what we have already on board.

Just my strongly personal opinion. California is best for easy transportation/sleeping/resting/occasional cooking.
I leave all the rest outside of it :)

Very interesting solution. You could put the loo in there as well (don't forget the reading light though ;))

I have my Butler installing one of these inside Albert just as we speak

corner-steam-shower.jpg

Guys, I'm just sharing what I think it's a good idea and, of course, I know that's not the cup of tea of every one here. I'm not here to defend products companies sells. I'm starting to think I was wrong sharing that information in this site.

I understand there are other preferences and I agree with them (actually I use myself depending of the weather) and constructive comments are always more than welcome.

I usually go to ski and overnight at the ski stations, out of camp sites where, due the typical weather of the ski season, I don't want to have a shower outside with a bucket. Additionally, I grew up at the very south of Spain, where in summer is very usual to have peaks of more than 45 degrees, so you probably can imagine living in UK to me is kind of a frozen experience. Of course, if there is a proper shower installation near, I'm not idiot, I will used it instead, but when you are for several days/weeks wild camping in your Cali, a wet towel couldn't be enough, mainly for women when having those women days.

To me, owning a Cali Beach, could be very easy make comments about how many stuff most of the people here bring always in their Calis (kitchen, sink, wardrobe, motor to open the roof, etc, etc...)... but I keep calm and carry on sharing information.

I'm just amazed you can buy this, but you can't find stools at the table height that fit in the tailgate...yeah, I know I'm back to the stools issue but I'm very frustrated!!!! We have found two stools that fit in the wardrobe, but that's not a good use of space. Nick, one for you???

For example, I was a week sleeping and skiing here... not the most nice place to have an outdoor shower and, being skiing, wet towels are not enought (for us). In that occasion fortunatelly mi friend had a proper motorhome with shower, otherwise at the end of the week we would smell like rotten.

tmp_4143-IMG_20160101_103609548_HDR-2011712766.jpg

The nice thing about the Cali is they can be adapted to the individual and there seems to be no end to the ingenuity being applied.

I'm just amazed you can buy this, but you can't find stools at the table height that fit in the tailgate...yeah, I know I'm back to the stools issue but I'm very frustrated!!!! We have found two stools that fit in the wardrobe, but that's not a good use of space. Nick, one for you???
This shower cabin, when folded it's really "small", it get very flat. The picture was taken with a gopro with wide-angle setted, so it looks "fat" because I had to take the picture from near and it's deformed, but if you compare the bag with the door step you could make an idea. For sure it fit inside the tailgate.

Guys, I'm just sharing what I think it's a good idea and, of course, I know that's not the cup of tea of every one here. I'm not here to defend products companies sells. I'm starting to think I was wrong sharing that information in this site.

I understand there are other preferences and I agree with them (actually I use myself depending of the weather) and constructive comments are always more than welcome.

I usually go to ski and overnight at the ski stations, out of camp sites where, due the typical weather of the ski season, I don't want to have a shower outside with a bucket. Additionally, I grew up at the very south of Spain, where in summer is very usual to have peaks of more than 45 degrees, so you probably can imagine living in UK to me is kind of a frozen experience. Of course, if there is a proper shower installation near, I'm not idiot, I will used it instead, but when you are for several days/weeks wild camping in your Cali, a wet towel couldn't be enough, mainly for women when having those women days.

To me, owning a Cali Beach, could be very easy make comments about how many stuff most of the people here bring always in their Calis (kitchen, sink, wardrobe, motor to open the roof, etc, etc...)... but I keep calm and carry on sharing information.
Carry on sharing as we are a diverse bunch and someone may find it useful or give you information that may help. There are many different nationalities on here and the humour can sometimes be hard to grasp.

Mike

Congratulations estresao,

What a fantastic idea just goes to show how versatile the Beach can be.

One of the reasons I went for the beach was it can be whatever you want it to be.

Every day vehicle, Camper van, Day van, People Carrier, Removal van, mobile skip or just plain old Pimp my ride.

All that’s required is a California Beach and some imagination.