Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I've joined the 'Custard Club'!

Max-Felix

Max-Felix

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
After many years of dithering and pontificating. Life is too short, the kids are growing too fast and the money sitting in Premium Bonds has done nothing for us for years so I swapped it for this. :thumb

Really, really over the moon - had a great deal with a lovely seller and it is in unbelievable condition, pampered and protected, seats and flooring covered from new, 8k miles with the spec we wanted and some nice extras. I have seriously seen new demonstrators with more signs of use at the local dealers. Wahey!

It was the first two set Beach I've managed to see and what a brilliant layout, just what we envisaged - with a kitchen pod fitted (which I will start on now!) it will ape our old T25 from many years back in set-up, ie big bed, simple unobtrusive kitchen/storage, vision all round.

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

Looks absolutely lovely!

Congratulations :)

Thanks Teejay, Jen. Jen - why you are here can you remove my rather embarrassing ;) signature please (written at the height of the VE emissions/roof saga) - I have tried for ages to change/remove it but cannot see how?!

After many years of dithering and pontificating. Life is too short, the kids are growing too fast and the money sitting in Premium Bonds has done nothing for us for years so I swapped it for this. :thumb

Really, really over the moon - had a great deal with a lovely seller and it is in unbelievable condition, pampered and protected, seats and flooring covered from new, 8k miles with the spec we wanted and some nice extras. I have seriously seen new demonstrators with more signs of use at the local dealers. Wahey!

It was the first two set Beach I've managed to see and what a brilliant layout, just what we envisaged - with a kitchen pod fitted (which I will start on now!) it will ape our old T25 from many years back in set-up, ie big bed, simple unobtrusive kitchen/storage, vision all round.

View attachment 14981

View attachment 14982

View attachment 14983
All that you need now is a summer:)

Thanks Teejay, Jen. Jen - why you are here can you remove my rather embarrassing ;) signature please (written at the height of the VE emissions/roof saga) - I have tried for ages to change/remove it but cannot see how?!

Well, I was going to say that I cannot change it but this is how to change it yourself.

Then I thought that I would just check that process to make sure I have it right.

Now I find that I can no longer change mine :shocked

It used to be click on profile name at tope right: a drop-down menu appears: Left column was an option "signature".

I will post in forum help :(

Nice pics of a beach. I am thinking of changing to one. My needs have changed. After 3 years of wild camping, stampeding over rough terrain, out in the wildest of weather etc. I'm now seeing my use to being camp sites, three season, long distance touring. I do not need water or waste tanks, nether a cooking hob and kitchen sink.

Thanks Jen, I will read that.

Never thought I would see you join the Beach clan - I thought you were a full-fat girl through and through! ;)

The 2 seater Beach is a top design if you don't need to carry more than four. We lived 6 months in a similar layout (Leisuredrive Daytime - pic below) back in '94 and it was ideal. If had a simple kitchen unit that can be copied in a Beach (ie pod) that many have done but if not the side storage unit with cushion reminds me of the brilliant old Westfalia T25 Jokers with corner 'sofa'. It was different back then but the thought of splattering fat cooking in a brand new (or effectively new) Cali is just not on! I just plan a simple removable pod with sink, water and removable cartridge cooker. Did plan the whole Smev hob thing but again no way I can bring myself to drill a whole in the floor for the gas drop out. Most importantly though to give storage up front but without the (what I find) claustrophobic SE wardrobe that ruins the all round vision and feel of space when 'chilling' in the back.

DSCF0546.JPG

Nice , let the good times roll-on!

welcome to the custard Calis club, if mine came with an OEM chapangne bottle I would swear the pictures are of mine one.... but the alloys

Califate, I like your black panel between the fogs - have you got a bigger pic and how did you do this?

Seen it on some German vehicles and it's sets it off very well, same as the sill decals.

This looks good value:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/VW-Bus-T4-T5-WUNSCH-TEXT-Edition-Seitenstreifen-Auto-Aufkleber-Set-Schwarz-Matt/251880310891?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=36805&meid=994d30f0af5e43e7b49bbc5647eca617&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=6&mehot=ag&sd=251551409662
AHem - it came like that im afraid - i am one of the stock boring people but will maybe fiddle in time - best of luck

image.jpeg SNAP......what a great choice, had our just over a year now 12000 miles and lot of fun also the two seater. Hope you have as much fun as we are having...

View attachment 14981

View attachment 14982

View attachment 14983

I see, my curstard is 4Motion... don't get why is not available in UK. Out there you have the Beach in all the engine/gear flawors. I guess it's because the UK market demand.

I see, my curstard is 4Motion... don't get why is not available in UK. Out there you have the Beach in all the engine/gear flawors. I guess it's because the UK market demand.
Not sure why it is not available nor the 180hp I am sure if it was people would choose it over the none 4 motion. We have German friend they have a 180 4 motion that would have been our choice had it been available here, but ours is great and we are loving the freedom and your looks good too.

Mine is 140cv manual gear but I could choose 180 and/or DSG. I didn't because I've heard about lot of issues with 180cv and though 140 could be the most reliable choice... maybe I was wrong, but I'm very happy wih my option.

I've always liked the steel wheel look. I think in the UK typically cars are higher specced than on the continent but Germany gets more choice of course. I've always thought they should offer the more basic model here as a cheaper option to get more into a camper. The Multivan type with steels, very limited trim, no bells and whistles would sell brilliantly I'm sure. Special Cape version below:

Looks like a very basic version, but looks nice.

In Spain by default wheels for the Beach are steels, and for 4Motion 17" steels (apart of bigger brake calipers). I love those steelies and I'm absolutelly not temped to replace them.

Alloys are optional, which I find nice because you decide whether to have alloys or steels. You can get those steels here in UK, but unfortunatelly not a Beach 4Motion (that's what I don't get)

I know the feeling about getting a good Cali. We bought ours a few weeks ago and it looks like the previous owner hardly used it.

I know the feeling about getting a good Cali. We bought ours a few weeks ago and it looks like the previous owner hardly used it.
I think, in general, Cali owners take a lot of care of theirs babes. In mine one, if someone want a lift before he have to wash his feet.... ok, maybe I'm exageratin a little.

Spent all Saturday at Lakeside doing the buying stuff thing - Decathlon tarps for awning sides, kids chairs, towels for four, etc, etc, lots to get still and a kitchen pod to make before the kids break up... :)

IMG_3326.JPG

Back