Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Jammed kitchen cupboard door.

Zebedee

Zebedee

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I'm sure others have had similar problems. We are on the last leg of our big trip. In my daughters enthusiasm for tea after a drive from Condom on France to Bilbao she opened the right side kitchen door a little too enthusiastically. Result the door is stuck open and the one under the cooker will not open. Meaning no gas to cook etc and no access to half our stuff. A bit desperate as we do not return to Blighty till Wednesday. Any ideas fellow forum members???
Zebedee

for me it has always been something in the cupboard moving forward can you get your hand in the open door is so try pushing anything you can back in cupboard

we have always been able to open the stuck door a little

Last edited:
Unfortunately this is not the problem. I am an old hand at sorting that one out. The rt cupboard door seems to have gone back behind the left too far if that makes sense. At least the wine was in the fridge!

just been out to look at mine cant see what in can catch on if it is still in the runners. drink the wine and try again?

Try and slide a thin fish slice down the gap?

If that does not work, try a slice of fish, ideally haddock

Try and slide a thin fish slice down the gap?

This forum us brilliant. Post from 2 years ago has saved the day for me.

My bike water bottle, full, got wedged upright in left hand cupboard, against the catch. I got the right hand door slid open most of the way. As the right hand side of the left hand cupboard holds a chopping board, there was very little space to access the area, but the FISH SLICE did it. Door successfully opened and bottle gracefully removed.

Thank you Skylark

This forum us brilliant. Post from 2 years ago has saved the day for me.

My bike water bottle, full, got wedged upright in left hand cupboard, against the catch. I got the right hand door slid open most of the way. As the right hand side of the left hand cupboard holds a chopping board, there was very little space to access the area, but the FISH SLICE did it. Door successfully opened and bottle gracefully removed.

Thank you Skylark
Brilliant, glad it worked. I'm good a over filling cupboards and jamming doors....

Hi Zebedee,

I'm having the same problem: the right door of my cabinet is pushed too far left. Now the weel is a but over the rail and I can't move nor the left, nor the right door.

Can you tell me your solution?

The lovely folk at AMG Cowfold sorted it in no time. I did a detour from the ferry on my way home! Not exactly sure what they did but we haven’t had it happen since.

Hi Zebedee, thank you for your answer. Meanwhile, I did manage to unlock the doors, by forcing them a little bit, pushing with a knife on the left side... I hope this won't happen again!

I also experienced this problem yesterday. Suddenly the left door under hobs (Ocean 6.1) would not slide open. I was able to open the right door and shine a torch in behind but could see no blockage or anything against the door. I checked the tracks and there was nothing blocking them. In the end the only way I was able to get the door open was to push the handle hard in and then use the knife in the gap to further push the latch to a point that it would release the door.

So it seems like the latch was doing its job a little bit too well in keeping the door from opening.

Now I am able to open the door but only by either repeating this technique or pushing forcefully very hard on the handle which is annoying and I am sure won't do much good in long run.

It seems the problem is that the latch sits too firmly or too far into the latch hole so I have tried to prize it back a little but feel I must be missing something - isn't there a simple solution? Also not sure how this suddenly became a problem after 1 year of owning the van.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a proper fix?

Thanks for your help! :)

Back