• Start date
chris ratay traveler

chris ratay traveler

Overlanding South America w T6.1 Ocean 204, 4M+
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion

JOIN ME: OFF-ROAD TRAINING IN EUROPE - LATE MAY/EARLY JUNE 2023​

Anyone interested in joining for a 1-day class in early Summer in Germany - end of May or early June 2023? We just need a minimum of 6 vehicles to set our own date. VW, Mercedes, Land Rover, Toyota, Iveco... open to any all-motion/4x4

We took a course in Africa with our Defender 130 and it was hugely beneficial. I'd like to learn what my T6.1 Ocean is capable of.

Cost: 570€ for driver, plus 180€ for co-driver training.

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 5.57.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 5.51.04 PM.png

Defender Off Road Training.png

Last edited:
It is perhaps good to know that Seikel also organises an off-road course, especially for VW 4Motion vans, focussing on all the characteristiscs of 4Motion driving with VW vans, without ‘clutter’ from Landys, Land Crusers and the like (great cars, but completely different 4x4 systems and hence driving characteristics). Usually the last weekend of May, in Germany.

We went there a few years ago, and learned a lot!

Last edited:
It is perhaps good to know that Seikel also organises an off-road course, especially for VW 4Motion vans, focussing on all the characteristiscs of 4Motion driving with VW vans, without ‘clutter’ from Landys, Land Crusers and the like (great cars, but completely different 4x4 systems and hence driving characteristics). Usually the last weekend of May, in Germany.

We went there a few years ago, and learned a lot!
Thanks. On their website they talk about 2021 being cancelled, but no info on 2022 or 2023. I sent them an email so hopefully will get a positive reply. :cool:

@Tarquers @Webbah_in_Switzerland

Through an earlier comment by @bvddobb I dug around a bit and discovered Experience.de, and they offered individual coaching as well. They also connected me to Seikel, and we will be joining their weekend camping and off-road experience the first weekend of May. The course is available May 5th, 6th, and 7th. (I'll be attending on the 5th)

Seikel will be posting the details information in February 2023
NOTE: I was told there are no translators, so instruction is limited to German and sign language, but it should be fine. Oh, and it's a dog-friendly event

Experience.de is also running a 1-day course on April 1st, and a Ladies Only on April 2nd. I can't make either of those, but could be a great option.

And experience do great roadbooks! We have had a lot of fun with their Iceland roadbook. They also organise trips, group or individual. They provided coaches when we did the Seikel weekend, some years ago.

Here's the link Experience sent me from the Iceland Tour - definitely looks like a fun trip.

Just an update to this, booked for 5th May €350, will be meeting @chris ratay traveler there if anyone else is interested.
Where are you guys meeting? I'd be interested. I've also been in contact with this company as I've heard very good things:

Back