Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Jonesville 440 SA Flex

CalNicRen

CalNicRen

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi folks,

I am now the proud owner of a 2018 red Cali Beach after 18 months of looking for the right one. Spent last week ordering circa £2k in accessories and spent our first weekend away down the Kintyre peninsula and loved it. Upgrading from being tent dwellers so looking to buy a connected tent awning. Has anyone ever used the Jonesville 440 SA Flex from Outwell? https://www.outwell.com/en-gb/ecommerce/vehicle-awnings/jonesville-440sa-flex

I really like the way it can be extended to increase internal space or or used with an outdoor canopy and the connecting awning can flip over to use either side of the tent, not seen that before. It’s a bit steep at £1.5k but the only other tent that works for me is the Galli 3 so either way it is a big investment. There is limited videos on youtube and they are either Dutch or German commentary.

Finally just wondered if there was anywhere in Scotland where you can actually view these awnings set up as they all seem to be located in England. It’s a lot of money to invest without actually viewing.

Seven holidays and weekends now booked over the summer including 10 days at our favourite campsite Gwithian Farm in Hayle.

Thanks folks.

Cheers

Callum

Hi folks,

I am now the proud owner of a 2018 red Cali Beach after 18 months of looking for the right one. Spent last week ordering circa £2k in accessories and spent our first weekend away down the Kintyre peninsula and loved it. Upgrading from being tent dwellers so looking to buy a connected tent awning. Has anyone ever used the Jonesville 440 SA Flex from Outwell? https://www.outwell.com/en-gb/ecommerce/vehicle-awnings/jonesville-440sa-flex

I really like the way it can be extended to increase internal space or or used with an outdoor canopy and the connecting awning can flip over to use either side of the tent, not seen that before. It’s a bit steep at £1.5k but the only other tent that works for me is the Galli 3 so either way it is a big investment. There is limited videos on youtube and they are either Dutch or German commentary.

Finally just wondered if there was anywhere in Scotland where you can actually view these awnings set up as they all seem to be located in England. It’s a lot of money to invest without actually viewing.

Seven holidays and weekends now booked over the summer including 10 days at our favourite campsite Gwithian Farm in Hayle.

Thanks folks.

Cheers

Callum
We bought the 290a version as we only needed the smaller 'footprint'. We went for this for the same reasons that you mention, namely the ability to have it facing whichever way due to the connector 'flip', plus the canopy section and the fact that the front door can be used either 'inside' the canopy or on the outside.

Full disclosure though - we have only erected it in the garden as a test - we have yet to use for real as still awaiting the Cali. but we are happy with our purchase so far.

We bought the 290a version as we only needed the smaller 'footprint'. We went for this for the same reasons that you mention, namely the ability to have it facing whichever way due to the connector 'flip', plus the canopy section and the fact that the front door can be used either 'inside' the canopy or on the outside.

Full disclosure though - we have only erected it in the garden as a test - we have yet to use for real as still awaiting the Cali. but we are happy with our purchase so far.
Cheers for that, it would be good to hear how it goes when you use it in the field. Did you see it somewhere set up before you bought it?

Cheers for that, it would be good to hear how it goes when you use it in the field. Did you see it somewhere set up before you bought it?
Will do. No, hit the same as you, couple of YT videos and a look at the Outwell website. We did go to a shop and looked at plenty of other awnings first though, that helped to make our minds up as to what features we wanted. Of course the proof will be when we use for real.

BTW - the van connector is a complete separate item that fits over the main tent roof - so you can use it as a standalone tent, if needed.

Last edited:
I'm more interested in what else you bought? . #nosy
Seat covers, roof topper, mattresses, ninja cooker, big fridge, duvet, tarp, covers, pillows, Velcro loops, lights, electric extension & splitter, poles for tarp, carpet, a rubber mat for all the pockets to stop things sliding, membership for here and a partridge in a pear tree ;-)

Not to mention about £400 on deposits for weekends & holidays but worth every penny to see the smile on the wee man’s face.

Back