Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Jormax windbreaks

Freeley

Freeley

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I've been meaning to get a windbreak for ages and have just had a general look online now. The ones you get at go outdoors etc don't really look that appealing to me but I've stumbled across jormax and thought they look just the job. A single colour 3m length is £99 and can even be installed on gravel hardstandings. They also do enclosures with gates if that takes your fancy.
I just wondered if anybody had one or had any opinion on them as they're not the cheapest.

Hi Freeley,

We have something similar for our caravan - made by Windbreak Leisure - but I have heard good things about the Jormax too (similar concept except Windbreak Leisure focus more on the full enclosures). Our panels have horizontal poles top and bottom which, along with the proper legs to be pegged down, make them a lot more sturdy than a normal windbreak. We have a lot of panels and two gates (one for each end) to create a 'garden' and it has been worth every penny - withstanding gales, torrential rain and icy nights. without a flap and pegging down on hardstanding or grass. If you wanted something that would really stand up to anything, it might be worth having a look on Windbreak leisure too - although it does take a bit more time with the legs to peg out. The prices on the website are high because they are based on full enclosures but I think they will make pretty much whatever you want if it is just a short section you are after. I like the look of the Jormax windbreaks too though, and if you don't need the poles along the bottom I reckon they would be excellent and well worth the extra cost over other windbreaks.

Maud

Cheers Maud I'll check out the windbreak leisure site, I'm not after an enclosure but a sturdy 3m ish windbreak that doesn't fall over or need guying is right up my street!

We recently bought a 4 metre used Jormax Windbreak on eBay... It is a solid piece of kit that requires no guy ropes.

Highly recommended and a very different prospect than the cheap beach style windbreaks

These windbreaks are in my opinion the best on the market. I use them to shelter my camping pitch on an island called Herm which is battered by force 10 winds and they have survived. Amazing.

I've been meaning to get a windbreak for ages and have just had a general look online now. The ones you get at go outdoors etc don't really look that appealing to me but I've stumbled across jormax and thought they look just the job. A single colour 3m length is £99 and can even be installed on gravel hardstandings. They also do enclosures with gates if that takes your fancy.
I just wondered if anybody had one or had any opinion on them as they're not the cheapest.
I have the Jormax to use at dog agility. There are some pics at the Eskdale meet from last April which show it. I usually set it up with 3 sides (incl a gate) so it gets more rigidity from the neighbouring sides. A single aide of 3m might be best to have some guylines attached in high winds.
Also if the ground is really hardor there are large stones underneath it can be tough getting the poles in. They need to be taught at the base and you use the horizontal beam to keep them taught at the top. I've had stoney ground making it hard to keep them taught at the bottom - which will be worse for you if you just have one section of 3m.
Hope that helps.