Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet June Meet - Lower Lode Inn Tewksbury - NOW FULL

We have just got home and it only took us eight hours from Tewksbury to Canterbury!
We both had a great weekend and met a lot of lovely people. Thanks to all who organised this event. Superb.
Borris, I promised to update you on the DVD capability in the T6... I did post a PM but to the wrong Borris (Borisburgh!). Anyway, I had a look and it definitely doesn't have a DVD player. I also had another look at the current price list and it doesn't say anything about a DVD... We use an iPad in the back mounted on the headrest and you can get the same system for DVD - or even better built-in to the headrest!

Good to meet you.
Sam

Borris, I promised to update you on the DVD capability in the T6... I did post a PM but to the wrong Borris (Borisburgh!). Anyway, I had a look and it definitely doesn't have a DVD player. I also had another look at the current price list and it doesn't say anything about a DVD... We use an iPad in the back mounted on the headrest and you can get the same system for DVD - or even better built-in to the headrest!

Good to meet you.
Sam
Thanks Sam,
It isn't a major issue as we do have another device for viewing DVDs. We very rarely do this however IMO VW removing this facility seems to be a backward step. Thanks for taking the time to investgate. I had had a good look at it but thought that maybe I had possibly missed this function somewhere.
It was great to meet you and your family as well.
Nice van by the way.
Best wishes
Paul

Probably a function that was removed as more and more movies etc: are distributed over the air as downloads, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Sky app etc:. So WiFi and data more important.

Hope the most of you got the litlle present i brought with me...
Here's some of my pictures
All by myself early friday afthernoon
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Then suddenly it got crowded
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Mine is a vango kela 2 standard (last year). The 3 has an extra awning out the front. Looks good but has metal pole and takes up more room on a pitch (I enter via the side doors so wouldn't use it). So beware what you order...
If I have help getting mine into the rail (with or without drive away kit) I can have it all set up, and pegged down etc within an hour, including getting the topper on. Ditto for reversing the procedure. So with 2 people it could be a lot quicker.
I love it and haven't regretted it a single moment. If you have more questions just ask or send a PM.
Cheers
Hi Alison, I'm considering buying the Vango Kela III Low AirBeam Drive Away Awning - 2016. Good to hear that you like yours. I'm confused which drive away connection kit goes with it - see photo - any advice welcome. Also did you go for the kela carpet or inside hanging bedroom? Many thanks for any tips.

Kela.png