Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just about too pull the trigger

whistlingdogg

whistlingdogg

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Have put in an order for a Beach. Last minute check. Does anyone think OMG why have you gone for or not gone for this option?

150 dsg auto
Grey/black two tone
LED head lights
interior light concept
electric folding door mirrors
radio with appconnect (not sat nav)
parking heater with remote
heated windscreen
multi function sport steering wheel
laminated glass pack
light & vision package
detachable tow bar
comfort mattress
3 seat
black awning
comfort dash
heated seats
17 inch cascavel alloys
dark interior (seats etc)
lowering springs
black side rails
1 year extended warranty

Have you got the parking sensors?

Sounds great to me - will look mean & moody lowered on Cascavels in such a monochrome colour scheme with LED lights.

Cruise? People have been positive about Adaptive CC of late.

I added basic cruise control last minute. Someone on here pointed out the driving position is very different I'd you're not used to a van.

Consider dropping heated seats and using parking heater remote to warm the whole van up instead of just the bit you put your bum on?

Sounds like a nice spec. Will look forward to seeing it...couldnt find a real life pic of that colour combo on Google.

I added basic cruise control last minute. Someone on here pointed out the driving position is very different I'd you're not used to a van.

Consider dropping heated seats and using parking heater remote to warm the whole van up instead of just the bit you put your bum on?

Sounds like a nice spec. Will look forward to seeing it...couldnt find a real life pic of that colour combo on Google.
Thanks for the advice. The wife loves heated seats and this was her doing not mine. Had originally speccd cruise control (fancy one) but we have never used it ever on any vehicle so won't miss it. Take what you say wrt different seating pos but we have hired 3 over the last 2 years already without issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohhh not much on that list you haven't got! I'd definitely think about the Adaptive CC. I know you say you won't miss it as you haven't got it now but its fantastic on long haul cruising, especially with your DSG.
I had big doubts about paying the extra for it (and on a manual) but would really miss it now and way more 'intelligent' than I imagined having never experienced it before. (don't you get the MFSW thrown in for free if you chose the 130mph version? something odd like that when we ordered ours).
Other than that I'd recommend the HD antiroll bars assuming they're not a freebe now and have you thought about the 'extra' window in the passenger side rear glass which helps with through airflow at night or a brew-up inside...

ohhh not much on that list you haven't got! I'd definitely think about the Adaptive CC. I know you say you won't miss it as you haven't got it now but its fantastic on long haul cruising, especially with your DSG.
I had big doubts about paying the extra for it (and on a manual) but would really miss it now and way more 'intelligent' than I imagined having never experienced it before. (don't you get the MFSW thrown in for free if you chose the 130mph version? something odd like that when we ordered ours).
Other than that I'd recommend the HD antiroll bars assuming they're not a freebe now and have you thought about the 'extra' window in the passenger side rear glass which helps with through airflow at night or a brew-up inside...
Thanks for replying. I thought about the window but that fell off the list on the last revision. Not seen the hd rollbars as an option so this is probably dealer fitted and can be added while I wait for the build. Resisting the ACC...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruise is brilliant, I always used to think it wasn't that usable in the UK. But I use it all the time now, even more now I have a dodgy hip. Very good in places with speed limits, where I drift off too and in North Wales, that is inadvisable due to the enforcement.

Sounds nice. Like the colour combo and love the LED lights . It will look amazing. Wish I had got to LED before order was closed.

For the small cost, it's definitely worth having the extra window in my humble opinion (so windows on both sides in back). We don't have Adaptove Cruise Control, just ordinary. The only other thing we didn't order and I've wondered about since is the separate climate control / air conditioning for the back of van... though in the UK we only usually have 10 hot days a year!!!

Yup, sounds like you've thought it through & the most important thing is to get the main factory-only options (LEDs, DSG, glass etc) that you want right & ancillary things like wheels, springs, sat navs & awnings etc can be changed later if fancied.

Removable towbar is also a good idea - the unluckiest member here had a towbar retro fitted by his Dealer incorrectly at pre-delivery which fritzed the entire loom & they had to build him a whole new van, nightmare!

What about the option of four keys for £72?

Back