Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just bought a 2011 Ocean/SE it has a incomplete service history and 94000 Miles

A

ardvark

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
HI there,

Some of you may remember I was the proud owner of a beautiful 08 SE but it was written off in an accident (not our fault) However we have just put a deposit on a 2011 SE but it has 94000 miles on the clock and an incomplete service history. Its the first one we could afford which has come up. My question .. are there anythings we should be looking out for or aware off with mileage like this on a 2011, its an SE DSG

Thanks in advance

Which engine? The 140 or 180. 0ne of those has significantly more posts on this and other forums than the other.

I am just about to get the dsg oil changed on my Audi A6 at 45,000 miles. If you don't know the service history then it might be worth getting that done if you are planning to keep it long-term.

sorry to hear that news regarding your 08 van. I’m sure over the years you have read lots of reports on the 180bhp engine.
I’m just about to change my second 180 bhp California and never had any issues in 10 years. I always service mine every 12months regardless and whatever the schedule on DSG, Cambelt, water pump etc every 4years or 45k. It’s difficult to judge especially with the high prices but check egr for D suffix and you could possibly pay for a compression test and if it’s not with a VW dealer you ask your local VW dealer to search on system for any history.
If it feels right then maybe go for it.
Good luck.

sorry to hear that news regarding your 08 van. I’m sure over the years you have read lots of reports on the 180bhp engine.
I’m just about to change my second 180 bhp California and never had any issues in 10 years. I always service mine every 12months regardless and whatever the schedule on DSG, Cambelt, water pump etc every 4years or 45k. It’s difficult to judge especially with the high prices but check egr for D suffix and you could possibly pay for a compression test and if it’s not with a VW dealer you ask your local VW dealer to search on system for any history.
If it feels right then maybe go for it.
Good luck.
thanks very much for the advice greatly appreciated

Chill pill, service , enjoy ! Incomplete service history not so much an issue on a vehicle that has done enough mileage to potentially present any issues it may have previously!

congrats on the new van:cheers

Enjoy your cali advark . I think I know which one you bought (green colour yes?)
Was very tempted myself .
Look forward to your posts following getting it . Seem good guys at the dealer too

HI there,

Some of you may remember I was the proud owner of a beautiful 08 SE but it was written off in an accident (not our fault) However we have just put a deposit on a 2011 SE but it has 94000 miles on the clock and an incomplete service history. Its the first one we could afford which has come up. My question .. are there anythings we should be looking out for or aware off with mileage like this on a 2011, its an SE DSG

Thanks in advance
Can I ask what you paid. Give us an idea what silly prices they go for now. What did you actually mean by Incomplete service history? Services missing? Owner serviced?

Back