Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just collected my Cali

D

Diane W

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I picked up my Cali last Sunday from it's owner in Cheshire & drove her home to Tunbridge Wells.
Me & my daughter are looking forward to some great adventures in her.

Would welcome any tips on the best type of roof cover versus Iso Top internal insulation etc & which insulating screen covers to get.

Thanks

Hi Diane and welcome :thumb

We started off with an external topper but only used it twice because it's horrible putting it up, or taking it off and packing it away wet in bad weather.

We've now got an internal Comfortz Cozy which stays in place all the time and wouldn't be without it.

There are lots of threads about which is the best type on here so that is only my personal opinion.

Both types, and the screen covers, are available in the club shop on here. Don't get cheap screen covers because they are usually poorly fitting.

Welcome , nothing wrong with a T5 , no waiting on build date ....instant fun!

Welcome , nothing wrong with a T5 , no waiting on build date ....instant fun!
Plenty of T6 Calis for sale at N Wales VW today for instant fun too. Although, the only one with a price displayed was a Beach 150 DSG, and that was £48000; I guess they were afraid to show the prices of the Oceans.

(Even an Amarok was £37000. For a truck! I'd be frightened to take it on the building site :confused: )

(Not caused by Brexit either :D )

I picked up my Cali last Sunday from it's owner in Cheshire & drove her home to Tunbridge Wells.

Would welcome any tips on the best type of roof cover versus Iso Top internal insulation etc & which insulating screen covers to get.

Thanks
Can you put the roof up at home if the canvas is wet? Then either will do.
If you cannot put the roof up at home then the External Topper should be considered.

The external windscreen cover is OK but I just use the VW supplied internal covers. At least you can easily take them off to look at the view without getting wet and you don't have to store a wet cover before leaving.

Can you put the roof up at home if the canvas is wet? Then either will do.
If you cannot put the roof up at home then the External Topper should be considered.

The external windscreen cover is OK but I just use the VW supplied internal covers. At least you can easily take them off to look at the view without getting wet and you don't have to store a wet cover before leaving.

Yes I can put the roof up so am thinking of going for the internal one so that I only have to fit it once!
thanks for the advice.

Welcome and I wish you some great adventures with your new Cali!

I do have an external topper only because the canvas of my van are little bit old and I went for the Isotop outsinde from brandrup for autumn and spring.

Thanks

Don't spend a lot of money until you have used your Cali a few times and know what you need.
Ignore this if money is no object.
We have no topper internal or external and no insulating windscreen cover and we camp at all times of the year.

As above.

I bought a topper and sold it unused a year later.

I camp all round, am camping now on the very west south west coast. No problems.

I can see the attraction of one but it's a horses for courses thing and simply not my thing.

As above.

I bought a topper and sold it unused a year later.

I camp all round, am camping now on the very west south west coast. No problems.

I can see the attraction of one but it's a horses for courses thing and simply not my thing.

Thanks. We may be down in Cornwall next weekend for our first adventure!

Back