Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just got myself a California Beach in November?

Paul Philpott

Paul Philpott

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Who buys a California Beach in November, well that will be me!!
I need to pluck up the courage to take out the two optional seats soon and look forward to plan most likely spring jolly and use as a people carrier for the foreseeable future, with my wife, 12 year twins and miniature schnauzer!

Plus work out how to add a photo to my first forum post.

Regards

Paul

As the Beach is not going to be available on the 6.1, well at the moment. I think it's a very good idea to buy a Beach now if you want one.
Have fun, as you surly will. Congratulations on your first posted.

I need to pluck up the courage to take out the two optional seats soon and look forward to plan most likely spring jolly and use as a people carrier for the foreseeable future, with my wife, 12 year twins and miniature schnauzer!

Regards

Paul
A warm welcome you have made a great purchase, enjoy!

Congrats on bagging one of the last UK Beaches. Look after it as I think this model will be highly sort after in the years to come.

Does yours have the parking heater? If it does don't wait until spring, use it now. You won't be dissapointed.

Good luck and happy adventures.

Ours was the last manual Beach to hit the streets in December 2017 when VW held them up for months due to the emissions tests. Technically the dealer probably ignored the hold instruction issued 10 days before.

Winter beaches are just as much fun, even sweeter as you have one of the last we're getting for at least a while.

Enjoy

I installed a rear camera but no heating provided , I did get a quote from VW to retro fit one but £1600 so decided against it , was surprised how high the road tax was though as an efficient blue motion TDI but there you go

Can I clear something up , can you use the 3 pin plug inside the beach without electric hook up ?

Regards

Paul

Great van & dog choice...Reggie says hello

Make sure you get some Inka waterproof seat covers..they are very dog friendly!

D2A4F700-07ED-4999-8B3D-F7B70DAC4F6F.jpeg

In a word no, you have to have hook up in a Beach.
What are you looking at running from the socket ?

Can I clear something up , can you use the 3 pin plug inside the beach without electric hook up ?
No. Essentially there is nothing more than an extension lead with integral circuit breaker running between the external hookup and the three pin socket. There is car battery charger linked to the hookup, but all that does is recharge the leisure battery from hookup.

No. Essentially there is nothing more than an extension lead with integral circuit breaker running between the external hookup and the three pin socket. There is car battery charger linked to the hookup, but all that does is recharge the leisure battery from hookup.
Thanks for tip

is it possible to set it up so that the charger charges both batteries? My older T4 had a basic VSR fitted and would charge both batteries when hooked up - The intelligent charger on the T4 was connected to the leisure battery. The trouble with our Beach is that if you don’t start the main battery for sat a week, Then the main battery flat by the end of the week (but leisure battery fully charged) & then we need to get the jump leads out...realise it’s probably because the headlights, courtesy lights come on each time you unlock & power assisted boot / sliding door draw some power.

Of course next time will ensure that we run the engine for 15 mins or so each day....

My MY19 beach charges engine and leisure batteries on hookup.

@Paul Philpott We like to know lots about your set up / situation but you should remove your postcode from your ‘location’ under your photo and put something less specific.
Lots of threads here about retro fitting heaters into Beaches if you decide to invest in one.....Many would argue it’s the wisest money you could spend.

Hi @Paul Philpott , massive congratulations on getting a Beach, it's sooo much fun. Defo get a parking heater if money allows pre Xmas with two twins. Use it all year then ;-)
Car tax is soo expensive, it's nothing to do with emissions now, it's because it's an over £40k vehicle, but after 5 years, goes right down :)

@Paul Philpott We like to know lots about your set up / situation but you should remove your postcode from your ‘location’ under your photo and put something less specific.
Lots of threads here about retro fitting heaters into Beaches if you decide to invest in one.....Many would argue it’s the wisest money you could spend.
Thanks for tip on postcode , think taken out now , so what is the average price to get a heater retrofitted then in south east ideally Sussex

Thanks for tip on postcode , think taken out now , so what is the average price to get a heater retrofitted then in south east ideally Sussex
Approx £1200-1500 depending on what timer etc. Bit defo worth it!!!

Did you find somewhere in Sussex to retro fit the parking heater? I am also in Sussex and interested...

Between 1200 without factory vents upto about 1600 with factory vents I would say.

We had ours fitted in summer 2018 for £1560 at https://www.slidepods.co.uk/ in Devon. We do not use it a lot but when we do it is great. Not yet used it for camping as only camp in good weather as have a caravan as well. We got it after being very cold sitting at a port waiting for ship to Spain. Not been cold at ports since . So used to warm van on drive and defrost windows. I used it a week or so ago when I went shopping as it was really cold outside. Nice to be in a warm van.

Back