Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just got real!

paradise city

paradise city

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Hi all,

Got a call from the dealer this week to confirm my Cali Ocean is build week 49 and should be ready for collection in late January (a lot quicker than I was expecting as I only ordered it at the start of October).

After years of deliberating and planning I can't believe it's finally working out.

I'm upgrading from a 1981 air-cooled T25 so it's going to be quite a change!

Currently living in London, I'm looking forward to being able to get down to Wales and the west country for weekends, something that wasn't really possible in my old van.

Just got my VIP membership so off to buy myself some early Christmas presents in the club shop.
47ca5c9d44cae964f8f8ae89b29d4b5e.jpg
cc3555b3cb905416ade0215e973616bb.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Currently living in London, I'm looking forward to being able to get down to Wales and the west country for weekends, something that wasn't really possible in my old van.

Just got my VIP membership so off to buy myself some early Christmas presents in the club shop.

TOP TIP: Don't buy stuff on a whim. You'll end up with stuff you'll never use. Use it for a while first and find out what you really need. Incidentally, why couldn't you take your T25 to Wales and the West Country. Is it that unreliable?

TOP TIP: Don't buy stuff on a whim. You'll end up with stuff you'll never use. Use it for a while first and find out what you really need. Incidentally, why couldn't you take your T25 to Wales and the West Country. Is it that unreliable?
Good advice, I have most of the stuff I need already from the previous van so I'm just going to get a few essentials like roof bars and a hook up cable.

I could've taken my old van on those trips but we'd have spent our whole weekend on the road. I had it on trips to Ireland and Belgium /Holland before with no problems, just a bit slow. Also, safety wise with my two girls in the back, modern vehicles are much superior.

we'd have spent our whole weekend on the road. I had it on trips to Ireland and Belgium /Holland before with no problems, just a bit slow. Also, safety wise with my two girls in the back, modern vehicles are much superior.

I feel your pain. I've now relegated my '65 splittie to summer-relatively-close-trips only

Hi all,

Got a call from the dealer this week to confirm my Cali Ocean is build week 49 and should be ready for collection in late January (a lot quicker than I was expecting as I only ordered it at the start of October).

After years of deliberating and planning I can't believe it's finally working out.

I'm upgrading from a 1981 air-cooled T25 so it's going to be quite a change!

47ca5c9d44cae964f8f8ae89b29d4b5e.jpg
cc3555b3cb905416ade0215e973616bb.jpg

We’re week 52, so waiting, like you guys. We’ve been Hiace c’vanners so have lots of stuff too. Finding that I’m having to be really disciplined so I’m not “salving” the excruciating wait with retail therapy! I feel sorry for Santa, he may need an extra trip to East Mids if I get what’s on my wish list.

We went to the recent meet at the club shop to see things in the flesh and start planning. The one thing I wanted to buy in advance so we can fit it straight away was the spare wheel lock (and before anyone says, no not because we’re picking up from Liverpool ).

Great stuff Elly.
I was wondering about the spare wheel lock. Do people actually go around stealing spare wheels?

Good advice, I have most of the stuff I need already from the previous van so I'm just going to get a few essentials like roof bars and a hook up cable.

I could've taken my old van on those trips but we'd have spent our whole weekend on the road. I had it on trips to Ireland and Belgium /Holland before with no problems, just a bit slow. Also, safety wise with my two girls in the back, modern vehicles are much superior.

Did you feel like a traitor when ordering? Even though our Toyota Hiace had failed the new MOT with underside corrosion and we now need to secure grandkids, I still couldn’t “look it in the headlights” when he was still on the drive .

Luckily he’s gone to someone who can fix him up and love him as much as we did. The Cali will be so different, but here’s to new adventures.

Wouldn't say I felt like a traitor but it was quite emotional seeing someone drive it off after I sold it.
We sold it to a young couple who are roughly the same age as my wife and I were when we bought it so I'm sure they'll love it as much as we did.
Our two girls were sad to see it go too but are really excited about the new van coming.
It'll open up a new world of adventure for us as we can go on longer journeys in more comfort and safety.

I sold the car as well to cover the deposit. My daughter noticed how upset I was when we sold the van compared to when we sold the car and said to me "I know why dad, a car is just something that gets you from one place to another but you actually live in a campervan." Very wise for 8 years old I thought!

Here's a wee soppy video montage I made when we sold our van if you want to watch.

Great stuff Elly.
I was wondering about the spare wheel lock. Do people actually go around stealing spare wheels?

Very, very common on ALL Transporter variants. The California is no exception.

Very, very common on ALL Transporter variants. The California is no exception.
OK, that's good to know. May invest in a lock myself. Thanks.

Lovely old van. I get very attached to old cars/vans too, full of great memories, always sorry to see them go.

Bet you’ll love your new van tho !

Great stuff Elly.

Calikev gave us a great demo of the one they sell in the club shop & online. He explained how and why it’s better than the vw one. Although at nearly £50 it seems expensive, much cheaper than a new wheel and worth it for peace of mind. As Kev said, if yours gets pinch, you don’t necessarily notice it until you need the spare wheel in an emergency!

Great stuff Elly.

Favourite place to part company with your spare wheel is lego land, search the forum to see plenty have had the spare stolen but don’t even notice ! The spare safe can clearly be seen at the rear of the van, good visual aid to check is the spare is still where it should be.

I’m surprised they get nicked. You are lucky to get most spare wheels off, they are usually rusted on.

The bolts on mine were seized solid and were a right twat to get off.

Wouldn't say I felt like a traitor but it was quite emotional seeing someone drive it off after I sold it.
We sold it to a young couple who are roughly the same age as my wife and I were when we bought it so I'm sure they'll love it as much as we did.
Our two girls were sad to see it go too but are really excited about the new van coming.
It'll open up a new world of adventure for us as we can go on longer journeys in more comfort and safety.

I sold the car as well to cover the deposit. My daughter noticed how upset I was when we sold the van compared to when we sold the car and said to me "I know why dad, a car is just something that gets you from one place to another but you actually live in a campervan." Very wise for 8 years old I thought!

Here's a wee soppy video montage I made when we sold our van if you want to watch.

Many happy memories :)

Your girls will love it......my twin 8 yo Girls......love 'Moz' and our trips away.

Next you need to plan a one night camp away on you own to read the manuals and push, pull and play with the toys.

Time to update your profile as well :)

I have a trip to France booked in a couple of weeks. Should have plenty of time to find out what everything does

2 excited girls (and one excited dad) at the Cali collection this evening.
Can't believe I now have a California on the driveway now!
d99cb971693662d77054ff7b4b78492c.jpg

Congratulations, let the new adventures begin, the girls look super excited

2 excited girls (and one excited dad) at the Cali collection this evening.
Can't believe I now have a California on the driveway now!
d99cb971693662d77054ff7b4b78492c.jpg

OMG, they will drive you crazy until they can go away and sleep in it. To keep your sanity you may need a sleepover on the drive! Happy adventures and memories that will last you and them a lifetime. You really are in Paradise City.

Driveway sleepover scheduled for tomorrow evening

Congratulations...
And you are clearly very well versed in the lifestyle. Enjoy and don't be too precious for too long or you 'll not enjoy it like you did with the T25 :thumb

Driveway sleepover scheduled for tomorrow evening

Brilliant, driveway sleep over, that’s what mine love to do when not camping.
Make sure you set heater on low and show them how to lock the doors without setting the internal cab sensors !
Up stairs or downstairs that’s the question?
I bet upstairs?