Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just joined the Forum (from Moray Firth NE Scotland) - collecting California Ocean tomorrow

joe g

joe g

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hello All. Very much looking forward to getting our California Ocean tomorrow. Trip away to Scottish West coast at the weekend. Whilst my wife and I have previous experience of camping it was all with pretty basic kit/equipment and back in the day. The Ocean looks like a whole new world of sophistication, luxury and mobility. It will also be our day to day car :)

Welcome , camping in style....

Down load the hand over check list having first become a VIP MEMBER. You need to be a vip to access - was really useful when I picked up my ocean 3 weeks ago.
Also consider extending warranty to 5 years
Welcome and pics are a must to post when you collect :welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

Hi we are down the road in Fife had our cali about three months. May see you on your travels.

Hi Joe
Congratulations, I'm up that way at the weekend, I'll wave, I'm bound to see you

Welcome to the forum Joe and happy camping :D

Down load the hand over check list having first become a VIP MEMBER. You need to be a vip to access - was really useful when I picked up my ocean 3 weeks ago.
Also consider extending warranty to 5 years
Welcome and pics are a must to post when you collect :welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome
Thanks very much for the advice, did as you recommended and the list was really helpful although the handover by John Clark of Aberdeen was so good (lasted nearly 2 hrs) that all the stuff on the list was actually covered.

Thanks very much for the advice, did as you recommended and the list was really helpful although the handover by John Clark of Aberdeen was so good (lasted nearly 2 hrs) that all the stuff on the list was actually covered.
Glad it went smoothly
I took a water can to test taps
Didn’t fill tank and on wY home with shiny new van -didn’t notice canhad leaked 5 litres of water in passenger footwear- dooh!
Now for your pics :thumb

Glad it went smoothly
I took a water can to test taps
Didn’t fill tank and on wY home with shiny new van -didn’t notice canhad leaked 5 litres of water in passenger footwear- dooh!
Now for your pics :thumb
Put some pics in response above following a trip we had in it last weekend just after we collected it, its some bit of kit and we had a great time with it. First of many :)

Its called Mohave Beige but as I am colour blind its difficult for me to say exactly what colour it is as it looks Metallic Greeny or could be light browny to me :)
I know what you mean - I like the Mojave beige but it looks light pale silver to me lol.

Congrats Joe G

It always amuses me that people hear the name beige and think yuck, but when people see pictures of a Mojave Cali, there not quite sure what colour it is, ( it’s definitely not beige).

What it is, is a great colour that changes in different light conditions.
A rose by any other name !

Congrats again, enjoy the luxury and comfort. Keep posting

Van looks good and nice wee pitch there. Enjoy.

Tom

Hello All. Very much looking forward to getting our California Ocean tomorrow. Trip away to Scottish West coast at the weekend. Whilst my wife and I have previous experience of camping it was all with pretty basic kit/equipment and back in the day. The Ocean looks like a whole new world of sophistication, luxury and mobility. It will also be our day to day car :)
Hi we are due to collect our Cali Ocean mid August but finding it difficult to find insurance. Who did you find to insure your Cali ?

Just updated our existing insurance with NFU. The only insurer that has ever asked me how much explosive I might want to carry and how many rounds of ammunition I might need to carry :). A great personal local service :)

Great to see another Beige Cali. Im sure our paths will cross as we are frequently out your way for a weekend.

Back