Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just ordered a new T6 - please share your thoughts

S

snupix

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi to everyone!

I'm a future Cali owner from Croatia, and I think I might be the first one to own one here. It's not even offered by local VW dealers, so I had to order it in Slovenia and import it (will be delivered probably in April 2018).

I have two questions:

- Does anyone have a T6 owner's manual in PDF and is willing to share it with me, so that I could prepare in the following months? I know there is one in the download section, but I'm unable to download it with a free account.

- Could you share your thoughts on the equipment ordered (listed below). Did I miss something important? And can you confirm that Bluetooth is offered as standard (Phone calls/Music from iPhone)? My dealer assures me it is, but then I don't know why it is offered separately in the Slovenian online VW configurator.

Here are the specs:

LNF California Ocean 2.0 TDI 4M DSG
Candy white/Cherry red

Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) including Front Assist and City Emergency
Braking (Max speed 99mph)
LED headlamps with LED daytime running lights (Tailgate) with red tail lights
Side Scan with cruise control
17" Cascavel alloy wheels; anthracite 7J x 17
Leather multi-function sports steering wheel and gearshift knob with radio,
telephone and display controls
Composition Media Radio with 6.33" touch screen
Chrome package
Towbar; removable/lockable (incl. trailer stabilisation)
App Connect
Fuel tank with a volume of 80l
Front and rear parking sensors with rear-view camera
Electric sliding door driver side
Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat (Beach: bed enlargement including
storage compartment)
Servotronic speed-sensitive power steering (steering column adjustable in
height and reach)
High Beam Assist
Awning rail and housing in silver
Green heat insulating glass in cab with double glazed green privacy glass in
the passenger compartment
Magnetic flashlight
Comfort seat: Single front passenger seat with lumbar support (not
swivelling)
Comfort seat: Driver seat with lumbar support (not swivelling)
Height adjustment for driver and single passenger seats (manual)
4 remote control folding keys
Headlamp washer system with heated front washer nozzles and washer fluid
level indicator

Thanks everybody!

The one glaring observation is - you are seriously compromising the usability of the California by having the Non-Swivelling Comfort seats.
I can understand possibly the Drivers seat as yours is a Left Hand Drive, but both?
However it is your decision.

The one glaring observation is - you are seriously compromising the usability of the California by having the Non-Swivelling Comfort seats.
I can understand possibly the Drivers seat as yours is a Left Hand Drive, but both?
However it is your decision.

Hi! Thank you for your thoughts!

This is my error, the seats are indeed swivelling. I did a copy/paste from the UK configurator, didn't notice the text.

This is my error, the seats are indeed swivelling. I did a copy/paste from the UK configurator, didn't notice the text.
Excellent. There was a lot of confusion when the T6 first came out as they forgot the words ( Non-Swivelling ) with the Comfort seats and a few vehicles were refused by buyers because of that.

There is a complete T6 owners manual in the downloads section.

:welcome

:Iamsorry The second glaring observation compromising the usability of the California is..............

I know, but I don't have access since I don't have a premium account (yet?) :)

it really is good value for money...... :)

Welcome. It really looks like you ordered a dream. The only two things was the seats as WG adressed. And the electric sliding door will not be in the drivers side i assume

Just spend 4 weeks around your lovely country. Cant wait to get back. Really nice place to own a Cali.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it really is good value for money...... :)

Thank you for the welcome... Yes, I'm sure it's good value for money, but as I don't live in the UK, I don't get to use all the benefits... :(

Welcome. It really looks like you ordered a dream. The only two things was the seats as WG adressed. And the electric sliding door will not be in the drivers side i assume

Just spend 4 weeks around your lovely country. Cant wait to get back. Really nice place to own a Cali.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! Of course, the doors aren't on the drivers side.
Yes, I see a lot of Calis in Croatia, mostly German ones. I definitely plan to use it much here. :)

Hi everybody!

Of course, I did the same mistake as others on this forum - I have ordered Comfort seats, which are not swivelling... And I feel so stupid, as we had this discussion here and I was totally convinced that I've ordered swivelling seats.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the configurator didn't state that Comfort seats are non-swivelling. And the dealer didn't warn me - but I find it hard to blame him, as we went together through the configuration in his system - and there was no note about non-swivelling (in Sep 2017, when I ordered; We've checked again and now it's mentioned in the system).

Any ideas what to do? I'm thinking in two directions:

1) Retrofitting swivelling mechanism - Is it possible to do it in an official dealership, and install original seats?

2) To find a suitable bench which could be used to sit behind the front seats, at the table. When the seats are moved forward, there is still enough space for kids to sit on that side, but I need to find the right form of the bench, to fit optimally... Anyone had a similar idea?

And ehre's one photo from our 1st camping here in Croatia, in Istria... The Cali really is fantastic!

Cali_Small.JPG

Hi everybody!

Of course, I did the same mistake as others on this forum - I have ordered Comfort seats, which are not swivelling... And I feel so stupid, as we had this discussion here and I was totally convinced that I've ordered swivelling seats.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the configurator didn't state that Comfort seats are non-swivelling. And the dealer didn't warn me - but I find it hard to blame him, as we went together through the configuration in his system - and there was no note about non-swivelling (in Sep 2017, when I ordered; We've checked again and now it's mentioned in the system).

Any ideas what to do? I'm thinking in two directions:

1) Retrofitting swivelling mechanism - Is it possible to do it in an official dealership, and install original seats?

2) To find a suitable bench which could be used to sit behind the front seats, at the table. When the seats are moved forward, there is still enough space for kids to sit on that side, but I need to find the right form of the bench, to fit optimally... Anyone had a similar idea?

And ehre's one photo from our 1st camping here in Croatia, in Istria... The Cali really is fantastic!

View attachment 33274
I presume yours will be Left Hand Drive. Turning the Drivers seat is much more of a chore than the passenger seat because of the steering wheel and in yours the Kitchen unit is behind the Drivers seat.

You can change the seats for swivelling but this will be expensive. You can also retrofit a Third Party Swivel. However this raises the seat by a few cms and I am not sure if this will interfere with the Air bag and Heated seat pads electrical connections.

https://www.kiravans.co.uk/scopema-rib-campervan-seats

You can compensate for the increased height by fitting a Lowered Seat Base

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Jennings-Seating/Seat-Swivel-Turntables-/_i.html?_fsub=1446153017

Seat boxes & Swivels.