Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just purchase 17 plate AWD cali ocean.

J

Jonlethbridge

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi just returned from a first trip to norfolk in my newly acquired california. Stayed on a campsite and when I returned from day out I found the pitch I had, had been taken by new arrival. Just wondering about getting a drive away awning to leave in place when out for the day. Wondering if others have found one useful . Best to get something small that packs away small? For instance California owners club shop stocks a Vango Faros Low Drive away awning cost 274 pounds. Can any one advise on their experience and best one to get/
Thanks for any tips on this. John

Here's a thread about some pitch signs.
:welcome Enjoy the Cali.

What happened with the pitch? Did they move to another one after
you threatened them :thumb

Small Kampa air awning

Can extend away from the van to create more outside space by utilising the wind out awning and a basic tarp attached with bungee balls D5A5C779-3396-445C-8BDD-1334E738DABC.jpegC7A5BE7D-85B2-4113-8DC0-1543CFAA1C21.jpegC3755857-4E8B-4DA3-83F4-89F94844AAC9.pngC3755857-4E8B-4DA3-83F4-89F94844AAC9.pngCEBE1182-1765-4F8C-9748-21B8AF100C4E.jpeg
Many manufacturers do small air beam drive away awnings, personal preference and budget will be the deciding factors

What campsite was it, you might as well give a brief review whilst your posting

Hi just returned from a first trip to norfolk in my newly acquired california. Stayed on a campsite and when I returned from day out I found the pitch I had, had been taken by new arrival. Just wondering about getting a drive away awning to leave in place when out for the day. Wondering if others have found one useful . Best to get something small that packs away small? For instance California owners club shop stocks a Vango Faros Low Drive away awning cost 274 pounds. Can any one advise on their experience and best one to get/
Thanks for any tips on this. John
Yes we have an awning Quecha Air Base (Decathlon), but do not use it for short stays.

To mark our pitch, we simply use the red warning triangle that is stored under the cooker.

I have written "This Pitch is taken" + "VW California Ocean" + "Registration Number" on each of the 3 sides.

This works a treat, using tent pegs to hold it down.

Why buy something much smaller and less effective, when you have something ideal already?

Here's a thread about some pitch signs.
:welcome Enjoy the Cali.

What happened with the pitch? Did they move to another one after
you threatened them :thumb

Thanks very much. No actually I decided I would just go to another pitch as there was plenty of room. As I was only staying two nights I wasn't too bothered but if I was staying for a week or something then I would prefer to stay in one spot. I think the calli pitch in use sign is just right and I will order one of these. Best sign for any calli owner!

Thanks. I am just discovering that the air awnings are the best and your campa air awning looks really good. As far as I can tell I need the Kampa awning to be shorter than the calli awning and put it right over the calli awning but not sure how to attach it to the campervan? Pull something down in the gap between the calli awning and the campervan and wind it round and round the calli awning.? If you could tell me some more about how I attach the kampa awning direct to the campervan when I don't have the calli awning extended, that would be very helpful.
The difficulty seems to be attaching the Kampa awning to a vw van that already had its own awning.

Thanks.

Small Kampa air awning

Can extend away from the van to create more outside space by utilising the wind out awning and a basic tarp attached with bungee balls View attachment 44700View attachment 44699View attachment 44698View attachment 44698View attachment 44697
Many manufacturers do small air beam drive away awnings, personal preference and budget will be the deciding factors

The campsite was the camping and Caravanning site just outside cromer. It was a very nice simple site just spread out on two big fields with plenty of hookups and good facilities. Very peaceful and definitely recommend it.

Thanks. I am just discovering that the air awnings are the best and your campa air awning looks really good. As far as I can tell I need the Kampa awning to be shorter than the calli awning and put it right over the calli awning but not sure how to attach it to the campervan? Pull something down in the gap between the calli awning and the campervan and wind it round and round the calli awning.? If you could tell me some more about how I attach the kampa awning direct to the campervan when I don't have the calli awning extended, that would be very helpful.
The difficulty seems to be attaching the Kampa awning to a vw van that already had its own awning.

Thanks.

The campsite was the camping and Caravanning site just outside cromer. It was a very nice simple site just spread out on two big fields with plenty of hookups and good facilities. Very peaceful and definitely recommend it.

Attaching the awning is simples
Wind the awning out a couple of inches, click the figure of 8 over the op edge, wind, the awning back in, totally secure quick and easy!

D62BC6BC-3C8D-426E-80EB-86B2DA73D00B.jpeg

Thanks.

Pm me if you need more detail or help

Big teds pitch marker are good, I can . Highly recommend

Back