Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

K&N airfilter? Anyone done it??

Birty

Birty

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Just thinking of fitting one to my 2011 T5.1 180BHP 2.0L ... Always had in previous vehicles but not a T5. Any thoughts or associated problems/improvements anyone?

Why do you want to do that ?
There are quite a few mixed reviews on them, i like a nice dry filter instead
of an oily one so i will stick with the stock ones.

You haven't been sold that - fit once and forget it line have you ?

Used a pipercross one (I think that was the name) in my old van, didn't really notice any difference. Forgot it was there when it went for a service and saved a few quid as they just blew it out stuck it back in.

just always used them.. felt like it did make a difference in some of my vehicles and always seems a simple mod with and if its to be believed helps the engine out? Its a must in a mx5 they all say.

The average Cali buyer when it comes to resale tends to prefer the unmodified approach, or at least vw approved mods.

The average Cali buyer when it comes to resale tends to prefer the unmodified approach, or at least vw approved mods.
Agree, any hint that there have been “performance” mods would put me off.

Now on our third Cali and have used the same K & N filter on all three. Guess it's now done about 100k miles with one clean so all up cost about £45 so a definite saving on paper filters especially if servicing done by a dealer. Used them on all our cars going back to early Cooper S Minis where they definitely made a slight performance difference.

Last edited: