Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Keeping cool

Larkrise

Larkrise

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
As the outside temperatures plummet time to think about really hot weather! Looking back at options for when it gets really warm through the night members have reported on stand alone air-con units (can be noisy, expensive, difficult to set up) and fans (12v and mains). Of the 12v fans the Endless Breeze seems well reported but not currently available (on Amazon anyway); on hook-up presumably any nice and compact fan that would not exceed the available supply would be ok. Maybe there is a case for carrying both a 12v and mains fan.

I wonder what folks think? Any recommendations? What about the Dyson units?

Last edited:
Dyson are good but can be noisy.
I have this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002FVPY44/?tag=eliteelect-21

Use the clip to clip on the edge of upper bed when in the up position, pointing to rear of vehicle. I extended the wire so can use it on mains or even plug it into the Inverter socket with an adapter. 50w at full speed.

I was wondering about the inverter but thought it might not be up to it. Re the Dyson: no experience and at the price they are it would need to be useful at home too- the AM06 says it is 70% quieter (they were presumably much too noisy before!) and there are factory recon units around. Would the inverter run one?

The Inverter is rated at upto 150w maximum.

Even my 50w fan would be taking approx: 5 amps / hour so I wouldn't be running it for long if I didn't have mains power.

As the outside temperatures plummet time to think about really hot weather! Looking back at options for when it gets really warm through the night members have reported on stand alone air-con units (can be noisy, expensive, difficult to set up) and fans (12v and mains). Of the 12v fans the Endless Breeze seems well reported but not currently available (on Amazon anyway); on hook-up presumably any nice and compact fan that would not exceed the available supply would be ok. Maybe there is a case for carrying both a 12v and mains fan.

I wonder what folks think? Any recommendations? What about the Dyson units?

Where are you planning on going?
We've camped in Spain when the daytime temp was 38c,we always sleep down stairs with all the roof vents open with just a cotton sheet for cover and been comfortable.
In Morocco last September the highest temp we saw was 33c but it was very low humidity, same routine as above, no problem sleeping.

Back