Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Keeping the rain out of the windows

ejmoore

ejmoore

2016 California Ocean 2.0 TDI
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Quite often we've had the problem at nighttime that it's pouring with rain but we need ventilation. I have not yet found a way of stopping rain coming in through any open window (it's not always possible to use an awning, e.g. if it's windy). When we were in Switzerland, there was a terrific storm in the night, which was expected so we put the roof down to avoid wind damage & slept downstairs. It was quite hot, but it was difficult to have a window open without the rain pouring in.

One possibility would be deflectors (like Dubflecta) for the cab windows.

Any other ideas? What do people do? It must be a regular problem, I'd have thought.

We use dubflectors got the slim fit ones you can leave windows open about 40 mm no problem with out rain coming in.

I bought the Dubflectas for ventilation and they work fine. The also look quite smart and don't create any extra wind noise when driving.

I got the ventilation for the cabinwindow from Brandrup and very happy with them

Right, thanks for the tips. We got some of the slim deflectors from Dubflecta, fitted them with the help of some fellow-campers who happened to have some on their van already, nice sociable bit of DIY, and they're great. They look neat and blend in with the dark glass around the rear windows (we don't have privacy glass), and they work well to allow you to have the windows open a bit when it's raining (like this last weekend in Norfolk!).

I'll say again, nine months later, the Dubflectas are brilliant, well worth having. They allow ventilation even if it's raining and blowing a gale and too windy to put the roof up (like easter weekend in the Isle of Wight).

Dubflectas: Sleek or Retro?

And they all come in pretty dark colour right?
Aren't VW's original ones not worth it?

And they all come in pretty dark colour right?
Aren't VW's original ones not worth it?
Depends if you want stick on ones. They do the job but look more like an after thought, especially on a light coloured vehicle.
ClimAir or Dubreflecta are alternatives in the UK.

We went for the slim ones, keep it neat.

You can have the window open about 50mm with the sleek ones.
Thanks for the info. That sounds perfectly adequate and I do prefer the look of the sleek ones.

Yes, you can open them an inch or so each side. I think the non-slim ones stick out more sideways, but they may not be deeper.

Back