Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kenwood DNX-525DAB black screen

M

markh

VIP Member
Hi All

My Kenwood DNX-525DAB seems to have died recently. Initially the symptoms were a blank screen upon switch on, with just the red triangle light above the CD slot glowing. In the dark, it could also be seen that the screen had a very faint glow, although there was nothing on it. I tried pressing the reset button with a paperclip and this appears to have made matters even worse. I now don't get anything at all when I try to switch the unit on. If I press the reset again the red triangle light briefly glows but that is about it!

Any ideas or is it likely to be completely broken?

Thanks.
Mark

Cannot help directly but here are a few suggestions

Suggest you contact Absolut5 in Salisbury as he is a whizz with VW/Kenwood head units and may be able to offer a route to a fix.

t: 01980 624740

Alternatively contact Kenwood service/repair eg Fullers in Woodbridge

Finally, there is also video on You tube which shows a fault like yours but on a different Kenwood head unit where the screen multiconnector pins were not making good contact and the fault was solved by cleaning the contacts.

Perhaps try pressing around the front of head unit margins to see if it’s a similar loose connection issue between screen and rear portion.

However the fix involved disassembling the screen unit off the main unit so not something to do unless you are of an adventurous nature!

Good luck

Do post the outcome as quite a few on here (me included) have the unit and it may help others in future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply @Phase one . I'll see if I can in touch with Absolut5 about it, if they are still open. I think he's active on the T6 forum so I might try asking there as well.

Rather a pain as these units aren't cheap to replace!

Thanks for the reply @Phase one . I'll see if I can in touch with Absolut5 about it, if they are still open. I think he's active on the T6 forum so I might try asking there as well.

Rather a pain as these units aren't cheap to replace!
He is a member of this Forum. If you send/start a conversation with him he will get an email notification.

Back