Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kenwood DNX516DABS Coding Manchester/Lancashire needed

Albino

Albino

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi all
Just picked up my new (to me) Cali yesterday (2014) which has been fitted with a Kenwood DNX516DABS headunit. It appears to need coding as there are some issues with it (which I was aware of before purchasing) namely:
  • Steering wheel controls don't work with it.
  • Parking Sensors visuals don't work
  • Reverse Camera (Kenwood) doesn't activiate when engaging reverse (but does when the "Camera" button is pressed.
  • MFD doesn't display next turn info
There might be some other things that I'm not aware of too.
After reading through several threads on here it appears that these things should work if coded correctly so I'm looking for someone in my area who would be able to do this without paying a fortune (presumably) at the main dealer. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited:
It doesn’t need coding...

The info adapter behind it hasn’t been connected correctly or is missing

It doesn’t need coding...

The info adapter behind it hasn’t been connected correctly or is missing

Thanks mate - I ended up contacting Kenwood who said the same. I removed the headunit to check and when I put re-installed, it was all working perfectly! Possibly a loose connection? They did say that it does require coding for it to link to the VW Display for nav etc. I can live without this for now.

Don't suppose you have any info about how to install a custom splash on start-up? This model doesn't have a reset button so I'm not sure how to access the hidden menu to do this. CHeers

Back