Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ketchup, the van.....

J

John Mcshea

VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hello camper people! Meet Ketchup-the van. She’s a 1995 Westfalia cali coach. This pic is from Slovenia where we travelled in her from Devon on our first trip with her. Currently we are down in Croatia amongst the hills of Buzet. Ketchup-the van looks like she came straight out of the factory despite her 24 years not, a dent scratch or flake of rust! She does however have a tennis ball sized hole in her engine casting now (!) but the Croatian people have been very helpful and friendly in helping us, in fact some of the highlights of our trip have come about as a result and we have experienced some wonderful hospitality and friendship. Ketchup is in good hands and will be fine, she just needs a quick heart transplant. I could do with some advice about that actually but will open a thread in the appropriate forum. See you on the roads maybe....
John.

448D8EBE-40DC-43E8-A5A4-48C5E8DFDA90.jpeg

Hello camper people! Meet Ketchup-the van. She’s a 1995 Westfalia cali coach. This pic is from Slovenia where we travelled in her from Devon on our first trip with her. Currently we are down in Croatia amongst the hills of Buzet. Ketchup-the van looks like she came straight out of the factory despite her 24 years not, a dent scratch or flake of rust! She does however have a tennis ball sized hole in her engine casting now (!) but the Croatian people have been very helpful and friendly in helping us, in fact some of the highlights of our trip have come about as a result and we have experienced some wonderful hospitality and friendship. Ketchup is in good hands and will be fine, she just needs a quick heart transplant. I could do with some advice about that actually but will open a thread in the appropriate forum. See you on the roads maybe....
John.

View attachment 49517
Hello! What a great attitude. You’ll have no end of positive traveling experiences when you face challenges like that. Good luck with the new motor and your travels.

great adventures great looking van

Yes, here’s the picture. You can clearly see the piston inside! The incredible thing is that she drove fine with no loss of power, just oil. The garage said that only a vw could be capable of not stopping immediately!

The same thing happened to us on our Split screen VW combi 50 years ago 20 miles from Alice Springs.... Bits of Conrod, oil and crankcase everywhere.