Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kettlewell, Yorkshire Dales

It had facilitys and they charge money , not wild camping but a regular camperspot then imo.
Always tought wild camping meant parking up at a nice place beeing totally independent?

To be be fair that's true. Call it a cheap stopover in a car park rather than a campsite then.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I've used it too. Picturesque car park by the river with a couple of grass pitches. Hats off to the locals for setting it up. Very forward thinking. Nice local
Pubs and hiking / cycling. River too low for canoeing when we were there May spring bank. We were the only van overnighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing, may well stop off there sometime myself - whilst not essential a nearby toilet is always welcome!

Alternatively, if anyone is looking for a 'proper' campsite in Kettlewell, I can highly recommend the campsite on the south side of the village, at BD23 5RE. The nicest loos/shower block I've seen on a campsite - underfloor heating, no less!

The Blue Bell Inn in Kettlewell village is lovely.

I've used it too. Picturesque car park by the river with a couple of grass pitches. Hats off to the locals for setting it up. Very forward thinking. Nice local
Pubs and hiking / cycling. River too low for canoeing when we were there May spring bank. We were the only van overnighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is actually a dales national park car park. Unsure why there's no 'no camping' sign, especially since there's also a campsite nearby?

The toilets day they close 8pm to 8am in summer, but we used at 10pm. Maybe something to do with night bus on Saturday?

Opposite (over road), you can also park and pay at the garage. Presumably no issue with overnight.

3 pubs in the village. Only went to blue bell, but will try the others next time.

Plenty of walks to do. We hiked to Grassington on the Dales Way. Only 5-6 miles but felt longer.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Alternatively, if anyone is looking for a 'proper' campsite in Kettlewell, I can highly recommend the campsite on the south side of the village, at BD23 5RE. The nicest loos/shower block I've seen on a campsite - underfloor heating, no less!

The Blue Bell Inn in Kettlewell village is lovely.

Totally agree, good site and a great place to be, but be prepared for soft ground!

P1020956LR.JPG