Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kids car seat storage

Andy Bower

Andy Bower

Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Does anyone have a smart solution for storing car seats when camping? I find that storing them in the van takes up a lot of space and looking for a waterproof bag? small tent? shelter? Experience welcome! :)

Does anyone have a smart solution for storing car seats when camping? I find that storing them in the van takes up a lot of space and looking for a waterproof bag? small tent? shelter? Experience welcome! :)
Some put them in the foot-wells after the seats are swivelled, obviously depends on type/size of the child's seat.

Either drivers chair (not swivelled) or Base Seconds shelter if I’m using it

I use a 2 man pop up tent for car seats and kids bikes.

We can store two Maxi-Cosi RodiFix in the passenger footwell with the seat forward facing. One upside down and one the right way up above it. If we are stopping overnight only and not unpacking, this is where they go.

They can also go in the 69 position in the huge cavity under the Beach bed. This is their normal place for camping.

They can go in the Safari room or driveaway awning, but always seem to be in the way if stored there

If two boys are in the upper berth, they can go up there with them, but at the rate boys grow we will have soon outgrown that option.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Still at MaxiCosi Pebble stage, we store it on the drivers seat „unswivelled“.

Back